Starting this month and continuing through 2018, General Motors will be renovating its engineering headquarters in Warren, Michigan, which will have an estimated tab of $1 billion while creating 2,600 salaried jobs. The jobs will feed company cornerstones such as design, engineering and IT.
The GM Warren Technical Center, which already employs 19,000 people, will see the following updates:
- The construction of a new design studio and a new parking structure for GM design employees
- Updating/rebuilding some existing R&D facilities
- Construction of a new IT building next to the current Michigan IT Innovation Center, along with a new IT employee parking structure
- Expansion of the Advanced Energy Center to accommodate more testing
- Extensive updates to the offices and work areas in most of the Warren Tech Center buildings, including the Vehicle Engineering Center. This will include things like new carpeting, office furniture, paint, as well as reconfiguration.