First, the 2016 Chevy Traverse replaces Black Granite Metallic and White Diamond Tricoat colors with Mosaic Black Metallic and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat.
- Black Granite Metallic
- White Diamond Tricoat
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
Additionally, the 2016 Chevy Traverse replaces the power-adjustable, manual-folding outside mirrors with power-folding units, though the new mirrors (shamefully) continue to have the auto-dimming feature only on the driver’s side.
Perhaps more importantly, the 2016 Chevy Traverse finally gains OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi. This addition results in the deletion of the LPO-level mobile Wi-Fi Connectivity Package. Those using tablets in the second row, likely connected to the new Wi-Fi system, will be happy to know that new universal tablet holders join the options list. The set of two LPO-level tablet holders mounts behind the front seat headrests.
In addition, the 2016 Chevy Traverse replaces two existing 20-inch wheel designs with two news ones. The first is a painted aluminum set, while the second has a machined aluminum finish. Lastly, a new Confidence Package is added for the 2LT trim level, and the name of the non-metallic white color changes from White to Summit White.
We expect the 2016 model year to be the very last year of the first-generation, Lambda-platformed Chevy Traverse, until the all-new vehicle riding on GM’s C1XX platform arrives next year as a 2017 model.
Here’s the complete list of RPO-level changes to the 2016 Chevy Traverse:
- (58U) Black Granite Metallic
- (98U) White Diamond Tricoat
- (DM8) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, manual-folding and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color with integrated turn signal indicators
- (RCM) Wheels, 4 – 20″ x 7.5″ (50.8 cm x 19.1 cm) aluminum
- (PEJ) 4 – 20″ x 7.5″ (50.9 cm x 19.1 cm) machined painted spoke aluminum wheels
- (SFV) LPO, Mobile Wi-Fi Connectivity Package
- (GB8) Mosaic Black Metallic
- (G1W) Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- (PCV) Leather and Driver Confidence Package
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE
- (SIF) LPO, Universal Tablet Holders, set of 2, mount behind front seat head rests
- (PJG) Wheels, 4 – 20″ x 7.5″ (50.8 cm x 19.1 cm) painted aluminum
- (PJJ) Wheels, 4 – 20″ x 7.5″ (50.8 cm x 19.1 cm) machined aluminum
- (UFT) Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert packaged with (PCV) Leather & Driver Confidence Package on 2LT
- (A45) Memory Package packaged with (PCV) Leather & Driver Confidence Package on 2LT
- (AXE) Express-Up and -Down and passenger Express-Down packaged with (PCV) Leather & Driver Confidence Package on 2LT
- (DNP) Outside power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color with integrated turn signal mirrors packaged with (PCV) Leather & Driver Confidence Package on 2LT
- (40U) White is now (GAZ) Summit White