The overhauled, K2XX-platformed GMC Yukon has been a strong seller for General Motors. In calendar year 2014, the full-size SUV family was responsible for 71,321 sales in the United States, a 20 percent increase compared to 2013. GMC is keeping the lineup fresh for the 2016 model year, giving the range a few notable updates and changes.
To start, the 2016 GMC Yukon does away with the Crystal Red Tintcoat and White Diamond Tricoat colors. In their place are the new, extra-cost Crimson Red Tintcoat and White Frost Tricoat hues.
Rounding out the new features list is the addition of Lane Keep Assist (which replaces Lane Departure Warning) and IntelliBeam headlamps that automatically enable or disable the high beams. What’s more, the SD card slot is removed from the inside center console, the capless fuel filler is now standard across all trim levels, and the power handsfree lift gate is now included on the Yukon SLT trim level.
The 2016 GMC Yukon also features several changes to equipment and packages:
- The Premium Package is canceled and its contents become free flow
- The Enhanced Security Package now includes the liftgate shield
- The Enhanced Driver Alert Package adds High Beam Assist And Lane Keep Assist to its existing features
Check out the RPO-level changes for the 2016 Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, and Yukon Denali just below:
- (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
- (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
- (G1E) Crimson Red Tintcoat (extra cost)
- (G1W) White Frost Tricoat (extra cost)
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist
- (TQ5) Headlamps, IntelliBeam, automatic high beam on/off
- (PCW) Enhanced Driver Alert Package includes (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, haptic safety alert seat and new to the package is (TQ5) High beam assist, (UHX) Lane keep assist
- (PCX) Premium package cancelled, items become free flow. (Y66) Adaptive Cruise will still require (UV6) Head up display
- (UTT) Enhanced Security Package now also includes liftgate shield
- (UTM) SiriusXM radio is now replaced with (U2K) SiriusXM radio and (U2L) HD radio
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, replaces (UFL) Lane departure warning
- All trims come standard with capless fuel fill
- (TC2) Liftgate, power, hands-free now packaged on SLT
- SD card reader removed from inside center console