Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has announced its latest pet project: a tuning package for Cadillac’s ludicrously potent 640hp 2016 Cadillac CTS-V.
HPE is already known for turning potent vehicles into freakishly overpowered monsters and its house-made Lotus-based, Hennessey Venom even charged past the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport to claim an unofficial world record.
Now, owner John Hennessey has decided the new 2016 Cadillac CTS-V will be the base for yet another insane undertaking: His plan to build the 2016 HPE1000 Twin-Turbo Cadillac CTS-V and claim the title of “World Fastest 4-Door Sedan”.
As you’ve probably guessed, the new HPE1000 features 1,000 pissed-off ponies, which come to full gallop at @ 6,500 rpm. To get all this grunt HPE removes the supercharger from the 6.2L V8 and straps on two massive ball-bearing turbochargers.
The company estimates all that power will be good for an eye-watering top speed of 240 mph (386 kp/h). In other-words, a Cadillac that’s faster than a Mclaren F1, LaFerrari, 918, P1, and pretty much any other hypercar you can name.
Of course, the company also adds a laundry-list of mods in order to strengthen the 6.2L V8 even further:
• Forged Aluminum Pistons
• Forged Steel Rods & Crankshaft
• Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
• Custom HPE Camshaft
• Ported Cylinder Heads
• Fuel System & Injector Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Inlet Piping
• Dual Wastegates
• Electronic Boost Controller
• Air-to-Air Intercooler
• Dual K&N Air Filters
• Stainless Steel Exhaust System
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
• Transmission Upgrades Required
A stainless steel exhaust system and Hennessey H10 Monoblock wheels are also available as optional upgrades.
If you’re interested you’d better get your order in soon because HPE plans to produce just 24 HPE1000’s for 2016 model year. But don’t get too bent out of shape if you miss out, the company also offers two other tuning packages for the CTS-V, the HPE750 and the HPE800.
“I’ve owned and driven several Cadillac CTS-Vs over the past 5 years”, said John. “I love the practicality and the ease of driving these cars every day. They are also a great platform from which we can create our own special 4-door supercar.”
Sounds good to us.