Having made its debut for the 2015 model year as an all-new model, the K2XX-platformed, fourth-generation Chevrolet Tahoe has become quite the sales hit despite a notable price increase. And for the 2016 model year, the full-size SUV is getting some welcome changes and updates that mirror those of its longer twin, the 2016 Chevy Suburban.
- Crystal Red Tintcoat
- White Diamond Tricoat
- Siren Red Tintcoat
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
Inside, the 2016 Chevy Tahoe does away with the integrated SD card reader in the center console as well as the AM/FM stereo with CD player, officially marking the end of an integrated CD player for the Tahoe. Meanwhile, the SUV gains the reconfigurable gauge cluster, head-up display (HUD), IntelliBeam headlamps, and Lane Keep Assist, which replaces Lane Departure Warning.
In addition, the capless fuel fill system is now standard on all trim levels, the Theft Protection Package (UTT) adds the liftgate shield, and a revision to the Enhanced Driver Alert Package contains power-adjustable pedals, Forward Collision Alert, IntelliBeam headlamps, Lane Keep Assist and Safety alert seat.
Unfortunately, the 2016 Tahoe does not see GM’s new 8-speed transmission. It also doesn’t see GM’s 6.2L EcoTec3 L86 V8 engine or a diesel motor, even as optional equipment.
Check the official RPO-level changes for yourself just below.
- (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color is no longer available
- (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat exterior color is no longer available
- (IO3) AM/FM stereo with CD player audio system
- (G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (G1W) Iridescent Pearl Tricoat exterior color
- (UHS) Re-configurable cluster – (Multi-color enhanced graphic)
- (UV6) HUD (Head Up Display)
- (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist
- (PCW) Enhanced Driver Alert Package now includes (JF4) Power-adjustable pedals, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps, (UHX) Lane keep assist and safety alert seat
- (D07) Console, floor, with storage area-SD card reader has been removed from inside center console
- (IO5) Audio system replaces (IO3) Audio system as the standard radio for 1LS trim
- (U2M) SiriusXM Satellite Radio with HD has been replaced by two separate RPO Codes; (U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio and (U2L) HD Radio
- (UHX) Lane keep assist, replaces (UFL) Lane departure warning
- (UTT) Now also includes liftgate shield
- All trims come standard with capless fuel fill