The second-generation Buick LaCrosse made its debut in 2010 as a 2010 model year vehicle. Five years and one mid-cycle refresh later, the large Super Epsilon-platformed sedan has aged graciously, and is selling relatively well. And though Buick is expected to introduce the all-new, third-generation LaCrosse for the 2017 model year on the P2XX platform (more on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse here), the Tri-Shield is giving the 2016 LaCrosse a few small updates and various other changes.
To start, the 2016 Buick LaCrosse does away with four exterior colors while adding three new, premium and late availability hues to the palette:
- Midnight Amethyst Metallic
- Carbon Black Metallic
- Smoky Gray Metallic
- Atlantis Blue Metallic
- Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Graphite Gray Metallic
- Ebony Twilight Metallic
Rounding out the color changes is the renaming of the Champagne Silver Metallic color to Sparking Silver Metallic.
Additionally, the FWD 1SV Equipment Group, which was slipstreamed into the 2015 LaCrosse, is officially added to the new features list of the 2016 LaCrosse. Moreover, the 3.6L V6 LFX engine becomes standard on the 1SB and 1SL models, with the 2.4L eAssist I4 LUK as the optional powerplant.
Inside, the 2016 Buick LaCrosse adds GM’s next-gen infotainment systems with a new screen appearance and begins to offer two sets of 20-inch wheels: the first is a silver-painted aluminum wheel available on the AWD Premium I 1SP trim level, while the second is an aluminum wheel available as an LPO on the Premium II 1SR trim.
Check the official RPO-level changes here:
- Exterior color (G7U) Midnight Amethyst Metallic
- Exterior color (GAR) Carbon Black Metallic
- Exterior color (GLJ) Smoky Gray Metallic
- Exterior color (GWY) Atlantis Blue Metallic
- 4GK69 FWD 1SV Equipment Group (added mid-2015 model year)
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic (additional charge – premium paint) (Late availability)
- Exterior color (G7Q) Graphite Gray Metallic (additional charge – premium paint) (Late availability)
- Exterior color (GB8) Ebony Twilight Metallic (additional charge – premium paint) (Late availability)
- (LFX) 3.6L E85 capable V6 engine is now standard on 4GB69 1SB and 4GM69 1SL ([LUK] 2.4L ECOTEC 4-cylinder engine with eAssist technology is now available)
- Next Generation (IO5) and (IO6) infotainment systems with new screen appearance and 2 USB ports
- (Q7N) 20″ machine-faced Silver painted aluminum wheels and (RAL) P245/40R20 all-season, blackwall tires are now available on 4GH69 AWD Premium I 1SP (were not available in 2015)
- (SEJ) 20″ (50.8 cm) aluminum wheels, LPO and (XBC) P245/40R20 tires, LPO are now available on 4GT69 Premium II 1SR (were not available in 2015)
- Exterior color (GWT) Champagne Silver Metallic is now called Sparking Silver Metallic