The General has announced that one if its board members, Errol Davis Jr., will not stand for re-election to the GM Board of Directors at the company’s Annual Meeting of Stockholders in 2015.
If you’re a highly esteemed exec and you’d like to sit on the GM board, you’re too late. Last month the board added Linda Gooden, effectively keeping its 12-member board intact upon Davis’ retirement later this year.
Davis originally joined the board in 2009 and he is currently a Director of Union Pacific Corporation. Unsurprisingly, he’s previously held several other top positions including:
Super NintendoSuperintendent of Atlanta Public Schools from July 2011 to June 2014
- Chancellor of the University System of Georgia from 2006 to 2011
- Chairman of the Alliant Energy Corporation from 2000 to 2006, and President from 1998 to 2005
GM CEO Mary Barra, who is also a member of the board, remarked, “We have made tremendous progress since Erroll joined the board and we owe him our deepest gratitude for his dedicated service. I also appreciate his thoughtful leadership and support to me over the past year.”
If your curious to find out more about the power-players who make up the GM board, we’ve listed them all below:
- Mary T. Barra – CEO General Motors
- Joseph J. Ashton – Retired VP United Auto Workers Union
- Stephen J. Girksy – President S. J. Girsky & Co.
- E. Neville Isdell – Retired Chairman & CEO Coca-Cola Company
- Kathryn V. Marinello – Senior Advisor Ares Management LLC
- James J. Mulva – Retired Chairman & CEO ConocoPhillips
- Admiral Michael G. Mullen – Retired Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Patricia F. Russo – Former CEO Alcatel-Lucent
- Thomas M. Schoewe – Retired Executive VP & CEO Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Theodore M. Solso – Retired Chairman & CEO Cummins, Inc & Chairman of the Board, GM
- Carol M. Stephenson – Retired Dean, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- Linda R. Gooden – Retired Exec VP, Information Systems & Global Solutions, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- & the outgoing Errol Davis Jr. – Retired, Superintendent of Atlanta Public Schools.