Buick’s self-proclaimed renaissance began eight years ago to date with the introduction of the Enclave premium crossover. Since then, the vehicle has been praised for ushering in a new era of Buick design and style, and has found success since its introduction.
In fact, this current generation has only seen one refresh, yet the Enclave had a record sales year in 2014, finding 62,300 new homes. Partly in thanks to Buick’s ongoing successful marketing campaigns, no doubt.
Today, Buick has introduced a tastefully-elegant take on the already handsome design, titled the 2016 Buick Enclave Tuscan Edition. Signified by the addition of bronze splashes throughout the exterior design, the grille and new 20-inch wheels benefit specifically.
“Buick’s quality, refinement and style continues to attract more customers and this modern resurgence started with Enclave,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Buick. “It was a pioneer for three-row luxury crossovers and remains one of the segment’s most popular. The new Tuscan Edition celebrates Enclave’s achievement and rewards owners with a higher level of distinction.”
The vehicle will make its public debut at the 2015 New York International Auto Show, where we’ll be able to take in the new bronze accents in person, which look quite good. Buick says the Tuscan Edition will be available on the 2016 Enclave Leather (1SL) and Premium (1SN) trims, with a choice of three premium colors including, White Frost Tricoat, Dark Chocolate Metallic and Ebony Twilight Metallic.
Additional standard equipment found on the Leather and Premium trims includes:
- Heated, wood-trimmed steering wheel.
- Ice-blue LED ambient lighting around the instrument panel.
- Eight-way power front driver and passenger seats with power recline, lumbar support and driver memory.
- Heated front seats on Leather models and heated/cooled seats on Premium models.
- Power-tilting/telescoping steering column on Premium models.
- Buick IntelliLink with color touchscreen radio.
- OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tri-zone automatic climate control.
- High-intensity discharge headlamps.
- Power lift-gate.
- Rear park assist and rear-vision camera system with dynamic guidelines.
The 2016 Buick Enclave Tuscan Edition still employs the tried-and-true 3.6-liter V6 engine, providing EPA estimated 24 MPG highway.
The Tuscan Edition seems like just the trick before an all-new Buick Enclave arrives, alongside a flagship Opel crossover. For now, though, this Buick wears bronze, but consistently earns the gold.