excited beyond excited to see what Chevy has in store for the all-new 2016 Camaro. Slated to be unveiled sometime in 2015 as a 2016 model year vehicle and launch in North America by the end of 2015, the sixth-generation of the iconic muscle car/pony car/sports car is expected to build on the highly-successful fifth-generation model, while offering notable improvements in every attribute.
Specifically, we expect quite a bit from the 2016 Camaro, including for it to:
- Be an all-new (completely re-engineered and re-designed) model
- Use the long-wheelbase variant of Alpha platform shared with the first-generation Cadillac ATS and third-generation Cadillac CTS, thereby becoming somewhat smaller and significantly lighter than the Zeta-based fifth-gen, resulting in greater performance capabilities and more fun for the driver
- Offer a turbo-charged I4 and possibly a boosted V6
- Offer better visibility from inside the cabin compared to the fifth-gen model
- Evolve the Chevrolet design language
- Have the latest in-vehicle technology, including the newest version of the MyLink infotainment system with the Performance Data Recorder, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi, and the latest in active safety tech
- Have a myriad of trim levels and variants offering something for everyone, from a sporty daily cruiser to a track monster and from a drag strip queen to a weekend convertible
- To see everything we know and expect form the 2016 Camaro, click here
And with that, we ask you: what do you want to see in the 2016 Camaro? Is it a specific set of engines and transmissions? Explicit performance capabilities? A certain design? Let us know in the comments.