Meet the Buick Avenir concept. Introduced in advance of the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the Avenir concept explores a flagship Buick sedan with “progressive design, new levels of passenger well-being, and technology integration”, according to Buick.
The Avenir — French for future — features premium, sporty, and expressive styling that represents all-new interpretations of traditional Buick cues, according to the brand. A long hood, sloping rear deck, and wheels-at-the-corners stance make for short overhangs and a cab-rearward proportions, while a healthy dash-to-axle ratio screams rear-wheel drive.
“Avenir embodies Buick design, which centers on effortless beauty and presence without pretense,” said Ed Welburn, vice president of General Motors Global Design. “It demonstrates the growing international reach of Buick and offers an exciting vision of where it can go.”
The concept’s sculptural surfacing, expressive proportions, and Buick’s signature sweep-spear bodyside signal an exceptional driving experience that awaits inside. Speaking of which, the cabin is designed for the comfort and well-being of the driver and passengers, while “Technology is seamlessly integrated and builds on the features that have become hallmarks for today’s production models – helping drive a new generation of customers to Buick”, says to Welburn.
Additional highlights of the Buick Avenir concept include:
- Personal seating for four
- Full light-emitting diode (LED) exterior lighting
- Twenty-one-inch wheels
- Next-generation direct-injected V-6 engine with fuel-saving Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and stop/start technology
- Nine-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission
- Driver-selectable suspension damping
- Twin-clutch all-wheel-drive system
- Next-generation Buick IntelliLink infotainment with large, 12-inch-diagonal color touch screen
- Driver-recognition features that automatically sync infotainment preferences
- Ionic cabin air filtration
- Mobile device wireless charging
- OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot
Stay tuned to GM Authority for details on the Buick Avenir concept and more GM news from the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.