While admittedly GM Authority is full of enthusiasts, we also do understand that compromises must be made while extracting performance to keep the atmosphere relatively pure. For General Motors, not only does the automaker understand, but it’s also an imperative.
So much so that GM has documented what it thinks are its 10 best sustainable stories for 2014 according to GM’s FastLane website. The below stories demonstrate “a blend of quirky innovation, unlikely collaboration, and community engagement”:
- GM’s MacGyver Devises Unconventional Uses for Everyday Waste
- Detroit Grows Fruits and Vegetables in 1,200 GM Shipping Crates
- GM Facilities Answer Call of the Wildlife
- Bats, Batteries and Bowling Green: How Chevy Might Help #SavetheBats
- CDP Gives GM an “A” on Climate Change Action
- Colleges get Chevy support for Clean Energy Efforts
- GM Bike Share – Reducing Emissions, Increasing Productivity
- GM CEO Mary Barra talks Sustainability with Chelsea Clinton during Climate Week
- Overcoming Hurdles to Use more Renewable Energy
- Guest Post: Why the Chevrolet Volt is my Dream Car
For read the details on this Top 10 list, visit FastLane.com.