The General Motors compensation fund for people injured or killed due to defective ignition switches that were belatedly recalled has approved two more death claims. According to compensation fund adviser Kenneth Feinberg, the current total has risen by two to 38.
Additionally, seven more injury claims have been approved, bringing the current total to 51.
According to The Detroit News, the number of death claims rose 10 last week to 239, serious injury claims rose eight to 150, and 47 new claims were submitted last week, which brings the total to 2,262. The number of death claims rose 10 to 239.
Feinberg said as of last Friday, he has rejected 265 total claims (including 39 death claims), ruled 526 deficient (including 74 death claims), and is putting 396 claims under review (including 42 death claims).
In November, Feinberg said he would extend the filing deadline a month to January 31.