General Motors India has reported 4,263 vehicle sales in October 2014. The results represent a 44 percent decrease compared to October 2013, when the General Motors division sold 7,715 units.
The 4,263 sold units break down as follows:
- 1,238 units of the Chevrolet Sail
- 1,160 units of the Chevrolet Beat (known as the Spark globally)
- 1,070 units of the Chevrolet Tavera
- 160 export units to Chile
- Leaving 635 sales between the Cruze, Spark, Enjoy, and Captiva
“Even though the lower fuel prices are encouraging, the market is not showing any movement apart from new entries”, said Paramu Balendran of General Motors India. “Even the festival season did not bring the expected momentum in the market. The turnaround of the automobile sector is still not visible in the short-term”.
“Industry needs the lower excise duty benefits to be extended till budget and beyond with additional stimulus package in the next budget to boost the overall manufacturing sector, create additional employment opportunities and improve its contribution to GDP,” added Mr. Balendran.