Yeah, we know that it seems like there’s a lot of quality issues going on with the recall crisis and all. Yet, General Motors has been steadily working over the past three years to recognize their third-party suppliers through the Supplier Quality Excellence Award. Here is a quick recap:
- 1,506 – Supplier locations honored worldwide for supplying the highest levels of quality performance over the past 12 months
- 3 – Years the Supplier Quality Excellence Award has been presented
- 13 – Specific quality requirements in which suppliers must show above standard performance
- 51 – Percentage points of improvement in number of suppliers receiving the Supplier Quality Excellence Award in the U.S. and Canada
- 80 – U.S. and Canadian GM suppliers receiving the award in each of its three years
- 0 – Number of defects in parts and components delivered by Supplier Quality Excellence Award winners.
“These suppliers have demonstrated their commitment to quality excellence and their outstanding performance is essential to GM’s efforts to provide its customers with the best products and services in the industry,” said Sheri Hickok, GM executive director Supplier Quality. ”
This is great news for GM fans since better parts equal better products.