“Along with our commitment to customers, our company is dedicated to giving back and supporting the communities in which we live and work,” said General Motors CEO Mary Barra.
The teamGM Cares program itself was created in 2011, and is active all throughout the year. But for this week in particular, volunteers of the program will be ramping up their efforts to stretch their work even further.
Just some of the projects on the exhaustive itinerary are:
- Working with Habitat for Humanity on various construction efforts
- Donating teddy bears to child cancer patients
- Preparing food boxes with Feed My Starving Children, and Packages for Hope to benefit veterans
- Neighborhood-wide beautification efforts around Detroit, MI
- Volunteer efforts for local food banks and homeless soup kitchens
It’s a truly impressive plan to consolidate and drive teamGM’s volunteer efforts over the span of a week, and over the entire country. The teamGM Cares program is supported by The GM Foundation, a charitable fund first established in 1976.