Having launched the ATS Sedan with the conventional set of engines, Cadillac is hard at work on the compact sedan’s high-performance V variant — the ATS-V. The vehicle was recently spied undergoing testing with its bigger brother — the third-generation CTS-V on various tracks all over the world, prompting us to take what we’ve seen from spy photos to create our own rendering of the vehicle. Some of the key elements incorporated into the rendering include:
- A new, more aggressive front fascia that allows for more optimal air flow, helping cool the engine and brakes, as well as providing increased downforce
- Heat extractor on the hood to improve aero and decrease engine heat
- Cadillac’s new “Crest” logo
- Fatter fenders for a more aggressive stance and wider track
- Black wheels (we’re sure chrome or polished aluminum units will also be available) wrapped in some high-performance tires
- Rear spoiler for improved rear aero
The flagship of the ATS range is expected to use a tuned variant of GM’s new 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 LF3 engine making roughly 450 horsepower. Look for the vehicle to debut later in 2014 or early 2015.