You may have already seen and heard about the mild refresh in store for the 2015 Chevy Cruze. No, we’re not talking about the all-new second-generation D2XX-based Cruze that will soon launch in Asia, but rather the last model year of the first-generation Cruze for the North American market. And recently, General Motors released individual option-level changes in store to the 2015 Cruze, with the revisions being somewhat peculiar.
For starters, the 2015 Cruze loses the manual transmission equipment group for the 2LT trim level as well as the Fleet equipment group. Also on the deletions list are two exterior colors, Crystal Red Tintcoat and Atlantis Blue Metallic, along with the Jet Black/Brick and Jet Black/Sport Red interior combinations. Rounding out the deletions is the auxiliary glove box (at the top of the dashboard).
New features on the 2015 Cruze aren’t as plentiful as the deletions. To start, Siren Red Tintcoat and Autumn Bronze Metallic join the color palette as extra-cost hues, and the Brownstone interior color combination gets added. In addition, the 2015 Cruze also gets OnStar 4G LTE, while the 18″ split 5-spoke flangeless silver-painted alloys (RPO code PZV) get replaced with a different pair (carrying RPO code REN).
Other RPO-level adjustments come in the form of equipment-level changes to various trim levels. For instance, the base Cruze LS will only be offered in five exterior colors and no longer include a rear armrest. Additionally, the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob will no longer be included on the 1LT and ECO trim levels, while keyless access and keyless start will no longer be available on Cruze 2LT and Diesel. Rounding out the notable changes to the 2015 Cruze is the removal of the premium 9-speaker Pioneer system from the ECO trim level, as well as the newfound availability of the 6-way power driver’s seat with manual recliner as a free flow option for Fleet vehicles on the 1LT trim level.
- 2LT manual transmission (1SG) equipment group
- Fleet (1FL) equipment group
- (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (GWY) Atlantis Blue Metallic exterior color
- Jet Black/Brick interior
- Jet Black/Sport Red interior
- (VTW) Auxiliary glovebox
- (PZV) 18″ split 5-spoke flangeless silver-painted alloy wheels
- (G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color (extra cost)
- (G1F) Autumn Bronze Metallic exterior color (extra cost)
- Brownstone interior
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE
- (REN) 18″ split 5-spoke flangeless Silver-painted alloy wheels
- Only 5 exterior colors available for LS
- Rear armrest no longer included on LS
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob no longer on 1LT and ECO
- (B34) Carpeted front and rear floor mats no longer on ECO manual
- (ATH) Keyless Access and (BTM) Keyless start no longer available on 2LT and Diesel
- (UQA) Pioneer premium 9-speaker system no longer available on ECO
- (D6I) Driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors visors are now standard on 2LT
- (ADS) Driver 6-way power seat adjuster with manual recliner is now available free flow for Fleet on 1LT
- LPO (SAO) Smoker’s Package replaces RPO (DT4) Smoker’s Package
- (PDU) All Star Edition is now called Style and Technology Package
- (T3Y) Front projection-type fog lamps replace (T3U) front fog lamps; T3Y is packaged in (PDZ) RS Package, no longer standard on LTZ