We can expect a few things from the upcoming Cadillac flagship. To recap, here are a few:
- It’s anticipated to be called ‘LTS‘ despite a recent quote suggesting otherwise
- It will debut the new ‘Omega‘ rear-wheel-drive platform, and use aluminum, magnesium and steel in the design
- It will most likely debut a road-ready “Super Cruise” feature, making the closest thing to an autonomous vehicle GM will have
- The full-size sedan will feature styling cues that are “a mix between” the Elmiraj Concept and CTS
- Power will come from a twin-turbo V6, as well as a V8, a force-inducted V8, and a hybrid system.
- It will debut in an auto show next year, but conflicting reports cite it to be either Detroit, New York or Pebble Beach
- It will be built in Michigan. Specifically, the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly faciltiy.
“We are in development of a top-of-the-range car for Cadillac. It is a new architecture, rear-wheel drive, and, of course, all-wheel drive will be offered. It will launch in the 2015 calendar year,” revealed Cadillac spokeshuman David Caldwell. When we will actually see it, however, seems to be anyone’s guess.