General Motors has released information surrounding the updates and changes to the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500. The adjustments to Big Red’s full-size pickup are nearly identical to those seen on the 2015 Silverado 1500.
To start, the Stealth Gray Metallic and Cobalt Blue Metallic exterior colors are replaced with Stone Blue Metallic and Emerald Green Metallic, with the latter color previously only available as a promotional hue. The list of new features is long: new Premium Mirrors, spray-on bed liner with the GMC logo, a new Off-Road graphic in the DIC for all Z71 and All Terrain models, and OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi, whose arrival delivers a larger exterior antenna molded in black.
In addition, the 2015 Sierra features several changes over the 2014 model, including the availability of the 8-inch IntelliLink infotainment system on SLE Regular Cab models, the inclusion of the Rear View Camera with the Sierra Convenience Package, the removal of HD radio from all Sierra radios, and the availability of Chrome Tow Hooks as a factory-installed option. Lastly, the Hill Start Assist hold time increases from 1.5 to 3 seconds, the USB port is placed in the glovebox for trucks equipped with the bench seat, and the 4.3-liter V6 LV3 and 5.3-liter V8 L83 engines gain E85 capability with the FHS RPO code. Oh, and for those wondering about the 8-speed transmission: it’s included in the 2015 Sierra, but for whatever reason is not featured on the change sheet. That’s rather peculiar, as is the omission of the Carbon edition — the equivalent to the Silverado Rally edition, along with the Magnetic Ride Control destined for the 2015 Sierra Denali.
Check out the RPO-level changes for yourself:
- (G56) Stealth Gray Metallic
- (GTS) Cobalt Blue Metallic
- Next Gen OnStar (UE1) including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity. Note Next Gen OnStar drives a slightly larger exterior antenna and is molded in black.
- (DQS) Premium Camper Mirrors with chrome cap and new features: power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carry-over features include power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp
- (CGN) Spray-on Bed Liner now available optionally on most Sierra models & cabs. Includes GMC logo on front bed wall
- Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for all Z71 and All Terrain models
- USB Jack in glovebox of trucks with AZ3 bench seat
- (G1K) Stone Blue Metallic: available on all Sierra and all Terrain
- (G7J) Emerald Green Metallic available on all Sierra (previously available as promo color)
- (IO5, IO6) 8 inch radios now available on SLE Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 & IO4)
- (UVC) Rear Camera now included with (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package on 1SA Sierra model
- (VLQ) Chrome Tow Hooks become factory installed option
- HD radio feature removed from all radios
- Hill Start Assist hold time increased to 3 seconds (from 1.5 seconds)
- (L86) 6.2L V8 to become available in early Q4 (not available at start of 2015 MY production)
- E85 capability on 4.3L (LV3) engine or 5.3L (L83) engine with RPO (FHS)
- (GAN) Quicksilver Metallic no longer available on All Terrain
- (GAZ) Summit White no longer available on Sierra 1500 All Terrain