Just like the Lambda-based Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave, the GMC Acadia has been nothing short of a highly successful vehicle for General Motors. And as the first-gen Acadia approaches the end of its lifecycle for the 2015 model year, it’s getting a few small yet noteworthy changes that are similar to the changes in store for the 2015 Traverse and 2015 Enclave.
For starters, the 2015 Acadia does away with Cyber Gray Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and Atlantis Blue Metallic colors. Joining the three colors on the deletions list are three 20-inch LPO-level wheel choices, along with integrated blind zone spotter mirrors, and HD radio units.
The 2015 Acadia has just two new features — a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, and three new exterior colors, including Crimson Red Tintcoat, Dark Blue Metallic, and Midnight Amethyst Metallic. Meanwhile, the dual downturned tailpipe exhaust is replaced with a single exhaust, and the 20-by-7.5-inch machined aluminum wheels carrying the SQ4 RPO code are replaced with an aluminum set of the same size but with a new design.
- (S4Q) Wheels, 20″ (50.8 cm) machined aluminum
- (NPM) Exhaust, dual downturn tailpipe
- (DTM) Mirrors, integral spotter for blind-zone
- (57U) Cyber Gray Metallic, exterior color
- (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat, exterior color
- (GWY) Altantis Blue Metallic, exterior color
- (VZR) LPO, 4 – 20″ (50.8 cm) 6-split spoke chrome wheels
- (VZS) LPO, 4 – 20″ (50.8 cm) 6-twin spoke flared chrome wheels
- (VZU) LPO, 4 – 20″ (50.8 cm) 12-spoke chrome wheels
- (G1E) Crimson Red Tintcoat, exterior color
- (G1M) Dark Blue Metallic, exterior color
- (G7U) Midnight Amethyst Metallic, exterior color
- (PEP) Wheels, 20″ x 7.5″ (50.8 cm x 19.1 cm) aluminum
- (NB5) Exhaust, single
- (UVD) Steering wheel, heated, leather-wrapped
- HD radio removed resulting in new RPO codes:
- (UHU) changed to (UI2)
- (UG4) changed to (UI6)
- (UGU) changed to (UI4)
- (UGY) changed to (UI8)
- (UGX) changed to (UI7)