Not only did the 2014 Chevy Impala mark the introduction of an all-new model, it also commemorated the tenth generation of the iconic Impala nameplate. And for the 2015 model year, Chevy is giving its full-size flagship sedan a few updates and changes.
The changes start on the outside, with the White Diamond Tricoat, Blue Topaz Metallic, and Blue Ray Metallic exterior colors being deleted. In their stead are four new hues — Iridescent Pearl Tricoat, Blue Velvet Metallic, Autumn Bronze Metallic, and Rainforest Green. In addition, the Eco “mild hybrid” model is discontinued for 2015, as the base 2.5-liter I4 engine gains Stop-Start technology. In addition, the ability to delete SiriusXM Satellite Radio and the OnStar telematics system are no longer available.
On the new features front, the 2015 Impala adds OnStar Generation 10 Hardware with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hotspot capability, an air conditioning system with a humidity sensor, and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) models in 2FL and 3LT equipment groups. What’s more, the 6-speed MH7 automatic transmission installed on the 2014 Impala is being replaced with a 6-speed MHG unit, about which we’ve yet to discover much information.
Here are the official line-by-line RPO changes:
- ECO model and equipment groups 1SA and 2SA
- (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat exterior color
- (GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color
- (GXH) Blue Ray Metallic exterior color
- HD Radio
- (U2J) SirusXM Satellite Radio delete
- (UE0) OnStar delete
- (MH7) 6-speed automatic transmission
- (G1W) Iridescent Pearl Tricoat exterior color (extra cost)
- Autumn Bronze Metallic exterior color
- (G1M) Blue Velvet Metallic exterior color
- Rainforest Green exterior color
- (VV4) OnStar Gen 10 with 4G and Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- (C4P) air conditioning with humidity sensor
- (MHG) 6-speed automatic transmission
- CNG models with 2FL and 3LT equipment groups