This 1966 Chevelle restomod will be headed to the Keystone State for Mecum’s July 24-26 auction in Harrisburg. For a classically good-looking vehicle with modern muscle parts, this Chevelle has the best of both worlds and can easily be used every day.
Under the hood of this Chevelle is a LS7 small-block from a Corvette Z06, which is mated to a 6L80 six-speed automatic from a Pontiac G8. Stopping power comes from a set of four-wheel disc brakes, which is definitely an upgrade from the Chevelle’s original four-wheel drum brakes. These performance upgrades give this classic Chevelle newfound dynamics that 1966 buyers could have never imagined. Here are some highlights of this Chevelle:
• Nut and bolt frame-off restoration
• 2009 Z06 engine
• 6L80 transmission from Pontiac G8
• Ford 9” rear end with 3.70 gears assembled by Spaker Racing
• Four-wheel disc brakes
• Custom headers from Street and Performance
• Pypes stainless steel exhaust system
• Custom aluminum driveshaft
• Custom aluminum radiator from Tapp, Inc.
• Final assembly by Doug Garrett
This Chevelle repordedly has 12,000 miles, making it the perfect specimen for the restomod treatment. With its class looks combined with modern technology, some Chevy guy may become the envy of his/her friends.