As The General prepares an all-new third-generation 2016 LaCrosse, the second-generation Buick LaCrosse is reaching the end of its lifecycle. As such, the 2015 LaCrosse will likely be the last model year of the second-gen model, and GM is giving it a few minor updates and changes.
For starters, the White Diamond Tricoat, Mocha Bronze Metallic, and Crystal Red Tintcoat colors from the 2014 LaCrosse are being replaced by Dark Chocolate Metallic, White Frost Tricoat, and Deep Garnet Metallic, and the Choccachino with Cocoa accents interior color combination is being replaced by Choccachino with Ebony interior accents. Rounding out the list of deletions is the rear-seat entertainment system with DVD player and noise-canceling headphones.
Aside form the exterior and interior color changes, the 2015 LaCrosse adds a new Experience Buick Package that includes content from the Driver Confidence Package, Buick IntelliLink Radio with Navigation, and Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound. Completing the new features list is the addition of OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi Hotspot along with a following distance sensor indicator, which is part of the Driver Confidence Package.
Lastly, the rear vision camera becomes standard on all equipment groups, the 120-volt power outlet is no longer standard on 1SB and 1SL equipment groups, and the child security locks found in the rear doors are changed from power to manual.
Here is the complete list of individual RPO-level changes:
- Exterior color (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
- Exterior color (GVU) Mocha Bronze Metallic
- Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
- Interior color (H1R/H1S) Choccachino with Cocoa interior accents
- (UWG) Rear Seat Entertainment System with (THZ) DVD player
- (S02) LPO, Noise canceling headphones
- Exterior color (G1F) Dark Chocolate Metallic (additional cost – premium paint)
- Exterior color (G1W) White Frost Tricoat (additional cost – premium paint)
- Exterior color (G7T) Deep Garnet Metallic (added mid-2014 model year)
- Interior color (HJ4/HJ8) Choccachino with Ebony interior accents
- (PDU) Experience Buick Package, includes (PCI) Driver Confidence Package #1 content, (IO6) Buick IntelliLink Radio with Navigation, AM/FM stereo and CD player and (UQS) Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 11-speaker system
- (UE4) Following distance sensor indicator (Included in [PCI] Driver Confidence Package #1)
- (VV4) OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot
- (UVC) Rear Vision Camera is now standard on all equipment groups (was not available on 1SB in 2014)
- (KI6) 120-volt power outlet is no longer standard on 1SB or 1SL equipment groups
- Child security rear door locks are now manual (were power in 2014)