Although Chevrolet has done a great job with the C7 Stingray, the aftermarket will always find room for building on its merits. Take for example the Pfadt Race Engineering P58 package for the 2014 Corvette, which turns the ‘Ray into a great white shark with 580 horsepower and a host of upgrades otherwise. This sort of tune bridges the gap nicely between the stock 460-horse model and the mammoth 650 horsepower from the 2015 Z06.
Also, you may recall a familiar vehicle being teased as a SEMA 2013 show car by the tuning company. But just what did Pfadt officially add to the iconic Chevrolet? Aside from the 580-hp tune upgrade, the P58 Corvette Stingray comes with all of the following:
- Pfadt cold air intake
- Pfadt tri-Y Headers (with or without Cats)
- Pfadt high-capacity intercooler
- Pfadt 3-piece lightweight wide wheel package
- Pfadt sport/track brake upgrade
- Pfadt carbon extractor hood, front lip and sideskirt aero upgrades
- Pfadt anti-roll bar and coilover package
- 2-inch lowered sport-tuned suspension
- Pfadt sport tuned exhaust
- Pfadt 5-point racing harness
- A big ole’ wing on the decklid
As you can see from the list, it isn’t just about power here. Lastly, Pfadt will even help ensure that the P58 tuning package is working as it should, so long as customers share their engine data logs.