Rad Rides By Troy has done it again. A few weeks ago we brought you the story behind their custom “Race Camaro,” but now eBay has another custom-built beauty by Troy Trepanier – a 1963 Corvette Stingray known as “Split-Second.” (Get it?) Split-Second is endowed with a flawless purple and silver paint job but, as can be expected, there’s more to this C2 than that.
With Rad Rides By Troy’s mantra of “usability first, style second,” the builder invested over $369,000 to turn this Corvette into a show car that can back it up courtesy of a Keith Black Hemi. Here are the highlights for the $180,000 beast:
• 513ci polished aluminum block Hemi by Keith Black
• Original split-window coupe body
• 1800 hp on alcohol or 110 octane fuel
• 1471 Littlefield blower with carbon-fiber injector
• Complete tube chassis
• Lenco four-speed with reverse
• Billet wheels
• Pro-mod wing
• Wheelie bars
• Dual parachutes
The Bloomington Corvette folks may cringe, but if you’re going to hot rod-0ut a Corvette, might as well be right.