Being Cadillac’s largest sedan until the Omega-based LTS is ready, the XTS seems to be holding its own in the marketplace. For the 2015 model year, Cadillac is giving the Super Epsilon-based sedan several updates that enhance its competitive edge.
To start, the Sapphire Blue Metallic color is discontinued, while two new colors — Cocoa Bronze Metallic and Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic — are added to the XTS’ palette. On the inside, the single disc CD player is discontinued, while the Caramel with Jet Black accents interior trim combo is replaced with Kona Brown with Jet Black accents and Open Pore Sapele wood trim.
In addition, the rear seat armrest now includes redundant radio and rear sunshade controls on the Platinum and Vsport Platinum trim levels. The addition of OnStar 4G LTE, which enables in-vehicle Wi-Fi functionality, brings about a new antenna, and Lane Keep Assist is added for front-wheel drive models only. Rounding out the changes are new outside body-color mirrors that are (takes a deep breath) heated, power-adjustable, auto-dimming, power-folding, have turn signal indicators and are capable of being operated via a remote control.
Check out the official RPO-level changes to the 2015 XTS right below:
- Exterior color (GXH) Sapphire Blue Metallic
- (TG5) single disc CD/MP3 player
- Exterior color (G1F) Cocoa Bronze Metallic (available at extra charge; not available at start of production)
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic (available at extra charge; not available at start of production)
- (W28) Rear seat armrest, includes redundant radio controls (Platinum and Vsport Platinum Collections)
- (W68) Rear seat armrest, includes rear sunshade and redundant radio controls (Platinum and Vsport Platinum Collections)
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist (FWD models only)
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE (provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds)
- New Antenna to accommodate (VV4) Wi-Fi with hotspot capability
- (DNV) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and auto-dimming, body-color, power-folding, with turn signal indicators and remote control
- Interior color (AFF) Caramel with Jet Black accents is now (AFF) Kona Brown with Jet Black accents with Open Pore Sapele wood trim