Since its launch roughly four years ago, the second-generation SRX has turned out to be a decent seller for Cadillac. For the 2015 model year, the midsize crossover is getting a few minor updates and changes, starting with the deletion of Black Ice Metallic and Glacier Blue Metallic exterior colors. Taking their place are two new hues — Cocoa Bronze Metallic and Glacier Blue Metallic.
In a puzzling move to strip away advanced lighting technology, the 2015 SRX also does away with two lighting features — the headlamp washer system as well as the auto headlamp leveling adjustment feature that was part of the adaptive forward lighting system. However, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot capability is added, as is the Generation 2 passive entry key fob and an enhanced theft-deterrent alarm system that’s available on the Luxury, Performance, and Premium trim levels. Rounding out the changes is a reduction in USB ports (from two to one) and the elimination of the SD card slot in the center console bin from the base AM/FM stereo with single disc CD player. By comparison, other Cadillac models such as the 2015 ATS, 2015 CTS, and 2015 XTS did away with the CD player entirely.
Here are the RPO-level changes for the 2015 SRX in their entirety:
- Exterior color (GAR) Black Ice Metallic
- Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic
- (CE4) Headlamp washer system
- Exterior color (G1F) Cocoa Bronze Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (G7U) Majestic Plum Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Generation 2 passive entry key fob
- New antenna to accommodate (VV4) Wi-Fi with hotspot capability
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE (provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds)
- (UA2) Theft-deterrent alarm system, enhanced (available on Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections)
- (RAO) AM/FM stereo single disc CD player – USB ports reduced from 2 to 1; SD card slot eliminated in console bin
- Adaptive Forward Lighting system – auto headlamp leveling adjustment feature deleted