Having made its debut in mid-2014, the 2014 CTS Sedan has been earning tons of attention, praise, and sales. And rightfully so: the all-new sedan marks a complete redesign of the midsize sedan, equipping it with an entirely new design inside and out, world-class driving dynamics thanks to the new Alpha platform, and modern technology that would make a Silicon Valley engineer jealous. And for 2015, Cadillac is giving its midsizer some new features.
To start, the 2015 CTS Sedan does away with the Mocha Steel Metallic and White Diamond Tricoat exterior colors. Also on the deletions list is the single disc CD/MP3 player (who still uses CDs, anyway?). Joining the color palette are two new extra charge hues — Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic and Crystal White Tricoat. On the inside, Light Platinum with Jet Black accents replaces Medium Titanium with Jet Black accents.
The new “wreathless” Cadillac crest with galvano finish replaces Cadillac’s outgoing logo, CUE gets a SMS texting feature, DockSpot inductive charging is added as an interim model year feature, and the CTS and CTS Vsport will share a new grille but have different finishes.
Additionally, the 2015 CTS gets two new safety features: Lane Change Alert with longer range sensing functionality and Lane Keep Assist lane centering functionality are both added to the Driver Awareness Package, which is not available on the Standard model. Speaking of the Driver Awareness Package, it offers more new content on top of the aforementioned Lane Change Alert and Lane Keep Assist, with the package gaining Safety Alert Seat, Side Blind Zone Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Rear Vision Camera, Rainsense wipers, and IntelliBeam headlamps.
Rounding out the changes to the 2015 CTS are the replacement of Black Anodized aluminum to Brushed aluminum on the Twilight Blue with Jet Black interior trim combo, Automatic Parking Assist adding perpendicular parking, and a few other changes to the RPO code.
- Exterior color (GHA) Mocha Steel Metallic
- Exterior color (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
- Interior color (H2C) Medium Titanium with Jet Black accents
- (TG5) single disc CD/MP3 player (available as an accessory only)
- Interior color (HHM) Light Platinum with Jet Black accents
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (G1W) Crystal White Tricoat (available at extra charge)
- New Cadillac crest emblem w/ galvano finish appearing on the grille, steering wheel, rear decklid, key fob, wheel center caps and engine cover
- CTS and CTS Vsport will share new grille design with different finishes
- CUE infotainment changes including SMS texting feature
- Lane Change Alert longer range sensing functionality added to (Y65) Driver Awareness Package (not available on Standard model)
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist lane centering functionality added to (Y65) Driver Awareness Package (not available on Standard model)
- (K4C) DockSpot, Cadillac inductive charging system for portable devices (interim model year availability)
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE (provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds)
- New Antenna to accommodate (VV4) Wi-Fi with hotspot capability
- Interior trim on (H2B) Twilight Blue with Jet Black accents changes from Black Anodized aluminum to Brushed aluminum
- Lane Departure Warning RPO Code changes from (UFL) to no RPO Code
- Side Blind Zone Alert RPO Code changes from (UFT) to (UKC)
- (Y65) Driver Awareness Package contains new content. (Y65) now includes Safety Alert Seat, (UKC) Side Blind Zone Alert, Lane Change Alert, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (UFG) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, (UVC) Rear Vision Camera, (CE1) Rainsense wipers and (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
- (UFQ) Automatic Parking Assist now includes perpendicular parking feature