By now the C7 Corvette Stingray is old news. Currently we are waiting for the Z06 to hit the streets and watch with anticipation what the aftermarket has in store, so do we really need another reason why we should buy a 2014 Corvette? Apparently, the folks at AutoTrader.com think so.
In their article, they give five reasons “why the redesigned Corvette is the best yet.” Like we need to know the reasons? As if it would be worse than the C6? We don’t mean to bust their chops—we all are batting for the same team, so to speak—but the new Corvette speaks for itself. Alas, if you need a reminder, here are the five, plus some of our commentary:
- Revolutionary Styling: We tend to think it’s more evolutionary than revolutionary. The C2 was revolutionary. The C3 was revolutionary. All subsequent Corvettes have been inspired by the C3. And that butt? Maybe that’s revolutionary, but we’ll wait for the first C7 rear facelift (!) before we fall in love (although we’re used to it by now).
- Reinvented Interior: Long a sore spot for enthusiasts, Chevrolet finally stepped up to the plate and gave us a cabin that’s worthy of the car’s world-class performance.
- More Power and MPG: It’s no secret that the Corvette is the world’s fastest economy car. Sure, blame government mandates in making engineers try to extract as much mpg as possible, but in the day of $4/gallon gasoline, 29 mpg for a car that goes 0-60 in 4.0 seconds is outright remarkable.
- All-World Handling: Strange wording, but the Vette has been a stellar handler since the C4 came out in 1984. However, stability control has made cars better handlers, and the Corvette dances around turns in varying degrees with aplomb.
- Astoundingly Affordable: The Corvette has always been a premium car for American wallets, but the value it offers compared with other sports cars is quite high. You’d have to spend $30,000 more to find a car with comparable performance, and chances are it’s lacking something visceral compared to the Corvette (did you hear that, GT-R?). For not a lot of wampum, the Corvette Stingray can be yours.
Can you think of any other fantastic reasons why you should buy a Corvette?