The Cadillac ATS is highly important for Cadillac: not only is it vital from a sales volume perspective, but it also serves as the entry point to the brand of most buyers, while having the potential to set the baseline image for the brand. And for 2015, The General is doing what it can to keep its sport-lux compact sedan as fresh as possible with a host of updates and changes.
The modifications start with the replacement of White Diamond Tricoat and Mocha Steel Metallic with two new exterior colors — Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic and Crystal White Tricoat, both available at an extra charge. There are some changes to interior colors as well, with the deletion of the Light Platinum with Brownstone accents and Caramel with Jet Black accents interior color and trim combos. In their place are three new choices: Light Platinum with Jet Black accents, Light Neutral with Medium Cashmere accents, and Kona Brown with Jet Black accents; the latter two combinations are available at an extra charge.
Furthermore, the single disk CD/MP3 player is gone for 2015, as is the black chrome sport grille that was an LPO option. OnStar 4G LTE and DockSpot inductive charging (the latter as an interim model year option) are added, as are longer range sensing functionality for the Lane Change Alert is added to the Driver Assist Package, and Lane Keep Assist is added to the Driver Awareness and Driver Assist Packages. Rounding out the equipment-level changes to the 2015 ATS is the addition of Automatic Seatbelt Tightening (on the Performance and Premium Collections), as well as the inclusion of power tilt and telescoping steering column (on the Premium Collection).
But the biggest change lies under the hood: the 2.0-liter turbo-charged I4 LTG engine now makes 295 pound-feet of torque, up 35 pound-feet from the 260 seen on previous models.
Following are the official RPO-level changes:
- Exterior color (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
- Exterior color (GHA) Mocha Steel Metallic
- Interior color (H2F) Light Platinum with Brownstone accents
- Interior color (H2N) Caramel with Jet Black accents
- (TG5) single disc CD/MP3 player
- (5XR) Black chrome sport grille, LPO
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (G1W) Crystal White Tricoat (available at extra charge)
- Interior color (HHM) Light Platinum with Jet Black accents
- Interior color (HHN) Light Neutral with Medium Cashmere accents (available at extra charge)
- Interior color (HEY) Kona Brown with Jet Black accents (available at extra charge)
- CUE infotainment changes including SMS texting feature and Teen Mode settings
- (VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE (provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds)
- (K4C) DockSpot, Cadillac inductive charging system for portable devices (interim model year availability)
- Lane Change Alert longer range sensing functionality added to (Y66) Driver Assist Package (Performance and Premium Collections)
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist lane centering functionality added to (Y65) Driver Awareness and (Y66) Driver Assist Packages (Not available on Standard model)
- (AX7) Automatic Safety Belt Tightening (Performance and Premium Collections)
- (N38) Power tilt and telescoping steering column (Premium Collection)
- Interior color (H0Y) Jet Black with Jet Black accents is now (H1Y) — code change only
- Interior color (H2E) Morello Red leather seating surfaces with Jet Black accents is now (HHP) Morello Red with Jet Black accents, includes semi-aniline leather seats and microfiber suede accents on seats, instrument panel and doors (available at extra charge)
- Lane Departure Warning RPO Code changes from (UFL) to no RPO Code
- Side Blind Zone Alert RPO Code changes from (UFT) to (UKC)
- (ATH) EZ-Key Keyless Access Passive Entry made standard on the Standard model
- Two times press trunk release button functionality added to Cadillac key fob
- Handset voice recognition icon removed from the CUE screen in lieu of utilizing press-and-hold on the voice recognition button on the steering wheel to link to the phone handset (e.g., Siri)
- (Y65) Driver Awareness Package now contains (UHX) Lane Keep Assist
- (Y66) Driver Assist Package now contains (AX7) Automatic Safety Belt Tightening and Lane Change Alert
- (LTG) 2.0L Turbo engine increases from 260 lb.-ft. of torque to 295 lb.-ft. of torque