Chevrolet has announced that its 2015 Silverado series of heavy-duty pickups, the 2500HD and 3500HD, are now available to consumers in the Middle East. They are engineered to deliver the same capability heavy-duty truck customers in the region demand, along with the greater refinement and comfort that the Silverado has already demonstrated here in the States.
“Heavy-duty pickups are tools that people use to tow heavy trailers and haul big loads,” says executive chief engineer Jeff Luke. “Great tools like the new Silverado HD pickups don’t just get the job done; they make the work easier, and help you feel more confident tackling the really tough jobs … No other manufacturer gives customers so many choices. For example, the new Silverado HDs offer more than 150 combinations of cabs, bed lengths, powertrains, drivetrains and axle ratios, enabling customers to buy exactly the right truck for their towing and hauling needs.”
Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD models are available in familiar Work Truck (WT), LT, and LTZ trims, in regular cab, double cab, and crew cab configurations (with regular cab available only in WT and LT trims). The new double cab model replaces the extended cab model and features forward-hinged rear doors to allow easier access in tight spaces.
Cargo boxes are all-new and stronger, available in 6’6″ and 8’ lengths with standard CornerStep bumpers, “EZ Lift-and-Lower” tailgates, and other features to make handling cargo easier.
Additional updates for 2015 include:
• Refined styling with improved air flow cooling to help the 360-horse 6.0L Vortec V-8 maintain full power, even under heavy loads and the high temperatures indigenous to the region
• All-new cabs and interiors for increased space and comfort, with plenty of storage tailored for rugged use
• Intuitive Chevrolet MyLink for powerful connectivity for work or family
• Integrated cruise control and “auto grade” braking that assist with tough towing situations
• Standard StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control on all models
“Customers don’t drive spec sheets – they put real trucks to work every day, year in and year out, to run their businesses, earn their livings, and take care of their families,” added Luke. “So as we roll out our new lineup of trucks and SUVs, we are focusing on the real-world needs of these truck customers.”