For a while now, there has been strong demand from Chevrolet Camaro V6 owners and enthusiasts for a rival of sorts to the Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package. Luckily thanks to Chevrolet Accessories, owners can create their own V6 track star a-la-carte, with warranty-backed brake and suspension kit offerings from the manufacturer. To get a grasp as to what we’re talking about, Chevrolet brought a Camaro V6 Performance Concept to SEMA 2013, showing what any V6 Camaro owner can do. The concept includes:
- Brembo brake kit from the Camaro SS
- Camaro 1LE suspension kit
- Camaro 1LE strut tower brace
- Borla performance exhaust system
- 20-inch black wheels (45th anniversary design).
The car wears 2014 Camaro Z/28 rear upper control arms (!), which are being evaluated for the Chevrolet Performance catalog. Notably, a ZL1 brake package is also available, though isn’t featured on the show car. Yes, you can purchase ZL1 brakes and have them installed on your Camaro V6.
Exterior and interior appearance accessories lend a more athletic aesthetic to this more-capable Camaro. The exterior features a Chevrolet Accessories grille, front splitter and rear spoiler, along with “Chevrolet Performance” graphics. Inside, it is ready for the road course or street, with:
- Chevrolet Accessories premium carpet floor mats
- Chevrolet Accessories ambient lighting kit
- Black trim bezels
- Kicker 200-Watt subwoofer and 200-Watt DSP amp available for MyLink
- RECARO performance seats
- Flat-bottom performance steering wheel
- Chevrolet Performance sill plates
- Chevrolet Performance armrest
- Chevrolet Accessories auxiliary gauge package
- Instrument panel and door inserts wrapped with carbon-fiber weave
- Door armrests and instrument panel inserts trimmed with black suede and Light Stone stitching
- Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessories engine cover
While you can’t exactly check the box for a 1LE package for a Camaro V6 configurator (yet), Chevrolet dealerships will be able to order the parts here and have them installed.