To commemorate the launch of the Sony PlayStation 3 and Gran Turismo 6, a special-edition Corvette Stingray concept was conceived for the 2013 SEMA show. And it adds to the already track-focused setup found today in the 2014 Corvette Stingray on the market today with the following highlights:
• Custom exterior paint scheme
• Yellow-tinted headlamps
• Carbon fiber rear wing
• Custom carbon fiber hood and extractor design
• Ground effects kit with carbon fiber rockers and front splitter
• Custom exhaust tips
• Racing-style front tow hook
• Custom front grille
• Custom front fender and rear quarter vents
• Custom-trimmed Competition Sport seats
• Driver and passenger racing harnesses
• Custom flat-bottom steering wheel
• Leather-wrapped safety belt bar and rear braces.
That aside, the mighty 6.2L LT1 V8 motor with 460 horsepower remains unchanged, as with its seven-speed manual transmission. Yet the design of the rear wing and hood extractor could very well give us a preview of what to expect with the C7 Corvette Z06.