General Motors has announced a comprehensive collection of performance parts and accessories for fifth generation Camaro models.
The parts are designed to make Camaros, model year 2010 and newer, more capable on the street and track, including parts from the performance focused Camaro ZL1 and Camaro SS1LE. When installed by a certified Chevrolet dealer, the parts will not void the cars factory warranty.
For customers interested in high horsepower builds, Chevrolet is offering the ZL1 rear driveline system. It is the strongest independent rear axle available for the Camaro with a 9.9 inch rear differential mounted in a cast iron casing, as opposed to the aluminum center casing found in V6 and SS models.
If you’re looking for improved handling performance, Chevrolet also has you covered, offering suspension components from the track oriented Camaro SS 1LE. The Brembo brake kit from the supercharged ZL1 is also available for for SS and V6 models.
“Chevrolet Performance is the first stop for owners building a competitive, durable Camaro for the track,” said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of performance vehicles and motorsports. “These Chevrolet Performance parts are based on Chevrolet factory-validated production components that were tested on racetracks and validated to standards unmatched in the aftermarket industry.”
Scroll below for a complete list of the newly available Chevrolet Performance parts.
Camaro ZL1 components:
- ZL1 front brake kit for Camaro SS (part number 22959672) – It includes racing-style front two-piece, 14.6-inch front rotors and six-piston Brembo calipers with aluminum housings and ZL1 logo. The kit includes two rotors, two calipers, brake pads and mounting hardware. It is a direct replacement for Camaro SS. It works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control and antilock brakes, and does not void the vehicle warranty.
- ZL1 rear brake kit for Camaro SS (part number 23104466) – It complements the ZL1 front brake kit with ZL1-logo calipers. The kit includes two calipers, brake pads and installation hardware. It works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control and antilock brakes, and does not void the vehicle warranty.
- ZL1 front/rear brake kit for Camaro V-6 (part number 22989384) – Upgrades the front and rear brakes for 2010-and-later Camaro V-6 models with the 14.6-inch front and 14.4-inch rear brake components from the ZL1. The kit includes two front, two-piece rotors and six-piston calipers, two rear single-piece rotors and four-piston calipers, brake pads, master cylinder and installation hardware. Twenty-inch wheels are required for caliper clearance. It works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control and antilock brakes, and does not void the vehicle warranty.
- ZL1 short-throw shifter (part number 19299460) – Quicker, more precise-feeling gear changes are enabled by the ZL1’s 5.1-ratio shifter. It is a direct replacement for the six-speed manual transmission shifter in the Camaro SS. Does not void vehicle warranty.
- ZL1 low-restriction air filter element (part number 92229651) – Direct replacement for the air filter element in 2010-13 Camaro SS models, enhancing LS3/L99 engine performance by reducing induction restrictions. It does not void the vehicle warranty.
- ZL1 fuel pump (part number 19260557) – Fits all 2010-and-later SS and V-6 models. This twin-pump design is designed meet the high-rpm fuel requirements of a supercharged engine. It delivers approximately 250 liters per hour at 65 psi (450 kPa).
- ZL1 rear driveline system (part number 22959394 for manuals and 22959395 for automatics) –This is the ZL1’s complete rear axle system, which is significantly stronger than the Camaro SS rear axle system. The kit includes a larger, stronger 9.9-inch ring gear with a heavy-duty limited-slip differential in a cast iron housing; stronger driveshaft and stronger asymmetrical half-shafts, which include a 60mm hollow shaft on the right and a 33mm solid shaft on the left. Their different torsional stiffness rates work in conjunction with the limited-slip differential to minimize the chance of wheel hop at launch. The kit is a direct bolt-in for the Camaro SS and V-6 models, although additional parts may be required for installation. Manual transmission kits feature a 3.73 axle ratio and automatic transmission kits have a 3.23 ratio.
Camaro 1LE components:
- 1LE Track Pack (part number 23123398 for V-6 and 23123397 for SS) – This suspension kit features the same suspension components used in the production 1LE performance package. Content includes a larger, 27mm solid front stabilizer bar, and 28mm solid rear stabilizer bar for improved body roll, retuned front struts and new monotube rear shocks for improved body and wheel control, and stiffer toe links and rear shock mounts for improved performance. It works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control and antilock brakes, and does not void the vehicle warranty.
- 1LE strut tower brace (part number 22756880) – This bolt-on component fits 2011-and-later Camaro SS and V-6 models, delivering greater stiffness to the front body structure to enhance the turn-in feel and supports quicker, more direct-feeling steering inputs. Does not void vehicle warranty.
- 1LE PCV valve (part number 12653073) – Ensures oil separation and drain-back during high-load cornering. Does not void vehicle warranty.
Camaro SS components:
- SS brake kit for Camaro V-6 (part number 23120542) – Upgrades the front and rear brakes for 2010-and-later Camaro V-6 models with the Brembo front and rear brake components from the SS. It is a more economical option for customers who want greater brake performance, but don’t need the performance of the ZL1 brakes. The kit includes two front rotors and calipers, two rear rotors and calipers, brake pads, master cylinder and installation hardware. It works with production chassis controls, including StabiliTrak, traction control and antilock brakes, and does not void the vehicle warranty.
LS3 heads / LS7 camshaft package (part number 19300535)
- Developed by the same powertrain engineers who work on Chevrolet’s motorsports programs, this power-building kit was developed as a direct replacement for the factory-installed heads and camshaft on 2010-and-later Camaro SS models, adding up to 40 horsepower. The kit includes CNC-ported LS3 cylinder heads, which flow more than 350 cfm (intake side) with 276cc intake runners and 2.165/1.590-inch valves. The high-lift LS7 camshaft makes the most of the heads’ airflow capabilities, with 0.558/0.558-inch lift and 211 degrees/230 degrees duration at 0.050-inch and a 121-degree lobe separation angle. Contents include the camshaft and fully assembled cylinder heads. Head gaskets and cylinder head bolts must be purchased separately. Tuning is required. This kit fits other LS-family engines with at least 4.000-inch bores.