Over one million car enthusiasts are expected to assemble for the 2013 Woodward Dream Cruise — the world’s largest one-day automotive event — this weekend, and Chevrolet Performance will be in full force during the occasion . The Bow Tie brand will showcase its latest and greatest performance vehicles, parts, and accessories while hosting several autograph sessions with automotive personalities.
For starters, the Chevrolet Performance exhibit is located at Memorial Park (Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road) in Royal Oak, where is showcasing will include:
- 2014 Corvette Stingray
- 2014 Camaro Z/28
- 2014 Silverado LTZ crew cab
- 2014 Impala LTZ
- 2014 SS pace car
- 1967 Camaro Hot Wheels concept
- Camaro ZL1 “Smoke” concept
- Chevrolet Performance V6 and V8 Camaro concepts featuring a new portfolio of Gen 5 Camaro performance parts and accessories
- Chevrolet Performance Hot Rod Power Tour “Trip Captain” Suburban concept
- NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson’s 1967 Camaro with LS9 crate engine
- 1953 Suburban with a custom LSX engine
- Helio Castroneves’ IndyCar show car
In addition, the display will include the latest in high-performance crate engines, engine parts, vehicle accessories and more from Chevrolet Performance, including:
- LSX454R crate engine
- Big-block 572/720R racing crate engine
- Small-block ZZ383 crate engine
- LSA/4L85E Connect & Cruise crate powertrain system
- Camaro ZL1 brake upgrade kit
- Camaro 1LE Track Pack suspension kit
Representatives from the Chevrolet Performance team will be available to demonstrate products and answer questions about components including engine controllers, the Connect and Cruise crate powertrain systems and more.
The Chevy Performance display was open Thursday, August 16, and Friday, August 17 from 10 am to 9 pm, and on Saturday, August 18 — the day of the Woodward Dream Cruise — from 8 am to 9 pm. In addition, the three automotive personalities on hand will be none other than Linda Vaughn, Courtney Hansen and Izod IndyCar driver Will Power.
Having risen to fame in the 1960s as Miss Hurst Golden Shifter, Linda Vaughn is the first lady of motorsports, while Courtney Hansen is the host of Spike TV’s weekend “Powerblock” series. Each will be signing autographs on Friday and Saturday, at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on both days. Meanwhile, IndyCar driver Will Power, who pilots the No. 12 Chevrolet-powered IndyCar for Penske Racing, will sign autographs on Saturday, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
And while Dream Cruise attendees are checking out the latest Chevy Performance products at the exhibit, the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad, complete with ASE certified technicians, will cruise Woodward Avenue in five red 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Rescue Squad Pickup trucks, assisting classic cruisers that experience mechanical difficulties such as stalling, overheating or running out of gas.
Who is planning on attending this year?