General Motors is recalling 843 2014 model year crew cab Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks due to the possibility that the passenger airbag may not fully inflate during a crash. General Motors estimates that it has delivered over 40,000 of the trucks to dealers, according to GM spokesperson Alan Adler.
- The models: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado crew cab and 2014 GMC Sierra crew cab.
- The problem: possibility of passenger airbag not fully inflating during a crash.
- The fix: GM will call trucks owners to ensure the vehicles are repaired, while dealers will fix the affected components that haven’t been delivered to customers.
- Number of vehicles affected: 843.
- Known incidents: there have not been any known injuries or crashes related to the malfunctioning airbags, according to GM.