You may have already seen the 2014 Malibu, and read about some of the updates Chevy is making to its midsize sedan. Well, we’ve obtained the complete RPO list of revisions to the 2014 model, which allows us an unabridged overview of the updates and changes to the car.
Besides the revised front-end design, the 2014 Malibu does away with four exterior colors (Black, Taupe Grey Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic, Silver Topaz Metallic) and adds two new hues (Butte Red Metallic, Ashen Gray Metallic); the Eco 1SA model and equipment group is deleted, while the Side Blind Zone Alert/Rear Cross Traffic Alert and an AC unit with a humidity sensor are added.
The 2014 Malibu also gets a new base 2.5 liter Ecotec engine with stop/start and iVVL, a revised center console and front center armrest design and improved knee room and comfort in the rear seat; the sunglasses holder in the overhead console is discontinued (shucks!), as are standard features from the Eco 2SA equipment group. The manual park brake replaces the electronic unit and SiriusXM Satellite Radio is deleted from the 1LS and 1FL trims.
Lastly, a 120-volt outlet on the Premium Audio Package in the Eco model is newly-available, while Graphite Silver Metallic trim replaces Dark Argent Metallic on the Malibu LS and Agathis Black wood trim replaces Mystery Brown wood trim on the LT and LTZ.
- Eco 1SA model and equipment group
- (GBA) Black exterior color
- (GBV) Taupe Gray Metallic exterior color
- (GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color
- (GWS) Silver Topaz Metallic exterior color
- (G7T) Butte Red Metallic (Promotional exterior color)
- (GLJ) Ashen Gray Metallic exterior color
- (UFT) Side Blind Zone Alert/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- (C4P) Air conditioning with humidity sensor
- Eco 2SA Equipment Group de-contented by the removal of the following standard items: (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, (UVC) Rear Vision Camera, (UG1) Universal Home Remote, (UQA) Pioneer uplevel audio system, (AP9) cargo convenience net and (B83) body-color bodyside molding
- New front grille/fascia design
- (LKW) 2.5L engine iVVL and stop/start replaces the (LCV) 2.5L engine with VVT
- Manual park brake replaces electronic park brake
- New console and front center armrest design with addition of 2 phone storage areas
- Improved knee room and comfort in rear seat
- (U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio no longer included on 1LS and 1FL
- (KI6) 120-volt outlet now available in the (PCU) Premium Audio Package for the Eco model
- Sunglasses holder deleted from overhead console
- LS Graphite Silver Metallic trim replaces Dark Argent Metallic trim
- LT and LTZ Agathis Black wood trim replaces Mystery Brown wood trim