The ever-popular Chevy Equinox is getting a total of five minor changes for the 2014 model year, the most prominent of which is the discontinuation of Steel Green Metallic and the addition of Silver Topaz Metallic exterior colors. There are also new floor mats and a new set of 18″ chrome-clad aluminum wheels that are now standard on LTZ models.
Here are the complete RPO-level changes:
- (B37) Floor mats, carpeted first and second row
- (GGU) Steel Green Metallic
- (GWS) Silver Topaz Metallic
- (RV8) 18″ (45.7 cm) chrome-clad aluminum wheels now standard on LTZ models
- (B34) front floor mats and (B35) rear floor mats (available)
The GM Authority Take
The Equinox is already a winning formula, and the 2013 Equinox did receive more than a few changes. However, we were hoping to see the old 2.4 liter Ecotec LEA engine that serves as the standard powerplant for the compact-midsize crossover be replaced by the new 2.5 liter Ecotec to match the 2014 Malibu and Impala. Here’s to hoping for a rolling update for the 2014 model year.