As we transition from drooling and salivating over the 2014 CTS into the more concrete stage of thinking about the model we would get if we were in the market for Caddy’s all-new midsize luxury sedan, the spotlight falls on the range-topping Vsport model.
Sure, the Vsport is not the CTS-V, but it is the fastest and most capable CTS sedan that doesn’t punch you in the face every time you blip the throttle. In that regards, it’s like the BMW 550i to the M5, the E550 to the E63 AMG… and so forth. So, what does the 2014 CTS Vsport actually include? This:
- Twin-turbo V6 engine (LF3) making 420 horses and 430 lb.-ft. of torque mated to Caddy’s first eight-speed automatic transmission
- 18-inch aluminum wheels (18 x 9.5 inch rear wheels) with Pirelli summer-only performance tires (275/35R18 rear wheels); 19-inch wheels with all-season tires are available
- A quicker steering ratio
- Brembo disc brakes with aluminum calipers and high-performance brake pads
- Heavy-duty track cooling package
- Driver-selectable track mode with specific steering rate and Magnetic Ride Control calibrations for greater track performance
- Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track -– including optimal acceleration out of turns
So the question now is, the more livable and docile CTS Vsport, or the punch-in-your-face-fast CTS-V?