General Motors reported sales of 245,950 vehicles in the U.S. in March 2013, a 6 percent year-over-year increase. Retail sales were up 4 percent, fleet sales were up 12 percent, and fleet sales were responsible for 27 percent of total sales.
GM’s U.S. vice president of sales operations cited a strengthening economy and new products as reasons for the sales boost, and said that the automaker expects its third consecutive increase in market share this month compared to last year.
|March Highlights||Total Sales||YOY Change||Retail Sales||YOY Change|
The numbers below demonstrate several noteworthy events, including:
- Cadillac sales up nearly 50 percent (f-i-f-t-y)
- All-new Cadillac ATS had its best sales month yet, with deliveries of 3,587 units
- The all-new Buick Encore, going on its second month on the market, sold 3,000 units
- Chevy Volt sales down 35 percent
- Buick Regal sales down 38 percent
[table "282" seems to be empty /]
[table "283" seems to be empty /]
[table "284" seems to be empty /]
2013 - March - USA - GM Total
|BRAND||YOY % CHG||2013||2012||YTD % CHG||YTD 2013||YTD 2012|
|GM US TOTAL||+6.45||245,950||231,052||+9.31||664,963||608,320|