Chevrolet has released model-year changes for the 2014 Cruze, and let us tell you — they are minimal. For starters, it seems that the mild styling updates seen on the 2013 Korean-spec model aren’t in the cards for the North America-market 2014 Cruze, which is either a good thing, or a bad thing — depending on whether or not you like the updates to the Korean Cruze, or not.
Regardless, the official changes for 2014 include some color adjustments, with four existing colors replaced by four new colors, along with the addition of the Cruze Turbo Diesel model. Outside of that, the (RXZ) cruise control accessory kit, an LPO for the LS trim level, gets deleted, while the RPO code is changed (from W1Y to UC3) for the steering wheel-mounted audio and phone interface controls.
Here’s the official RPO change list as per GM:
2014 Cruze Deletions
- (GGT) Autumn Metallic exterior color
- (GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color
- (GCN) Victory Red exterior color
- (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic exterior color
- (RXZ) Cruise control accessory kit, LPO on LS
2014 Cruze New Features
- (1PY69) Diesel model with (1SL) automatic transmission equipment group, includes 2.0L Diesel engine, 6-speed automatic transmission, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes, 3.20 final drive ratio axle, 140 amp alternator, 800 cold-cranking amps battery, 17″ alloy wheels, Ultra low rolling resistance all-season tires, tire sealant and inflator kit, rear spoiler, Aero Performance Package and leather-appointed seating
- (G7C) Red Hot exterior color
- (G7J) Rainforest Green Metallic exterior color
- (GXG) Tungsten Metallic exterior color
- (GXH) Blue Ray Metallic exterior color
2014 Cruze Changes
- Steering wheel-mounted audio and phone interface controls RPO changed from (W1Y) to (UC3)
The GM Authority Take
The 2014 Cruze will likely be the last model year of the first-generation Delta-based compact vehicle, as the all-new D2XX-based model will likely come to market as a 2015 model year vehicle. Major product offensive for the win!