Few things have more grunt than a twin-turbo V8, especially when the eight-banger in question is a 454 cubic-inch LS7. So when the thirst for horsepower calls, the crazies at (Custom Built Motors) CBM Motorsport can answer.
Although they normally build this LS7-based setup with a Whipple supercharger, the desire for turbocharged motors is on the rise — with at least ten customers in the past year ordering the setup with turbos… and as it stands, some lunatic out there called for their services on his dune-buggy.
After installing a pair of Garrett GT35R turbos, dual intercoolers, and wastegates from Turbosmart, the modifications followed:
- CNC machined LSX-LS7 GM heads mated to a custom sheet-metal intake
- A Delphi MEFI controller to manage the whole setup
- 4.25-inch stroke crankshaft
- Callies Ultra connecting rods
- 4.125-inch-diameter pistons with a 9:1 compression ration
- GM oil pan and pump from Malling
We wouldn’t mind spending some time behind the wheel of this bad boy… would you?