Today, General Motors took the wraps off the all-new 2014 GMC Sierra, alongside the new 2014 Chevy Silverado. Based on GM’s new K2XX architecture, the all-new line of GMC full-size trucks feature new exterior and interior designs, a new line of engines, new cab and bed configurations, along with new technology.
The 2014 Sierra differs from the 2014 Silverado in its exterior design, which now features more GMC-specific design cues than the previous generation. But what really sets the Sierra apart from the Silverado is its interior, which features premium materials such as soft-touch and available aluminum trim.
GMC says that the interior of the new Sierra is the new standard in interior trucks: “Truck owners want a well-crafted cabin, but also one that still feels like a truck,” said Helen Emsley, Sierra interior design director. “They want a purposeful interior, not one that’s flowing like you’d find in a car or crossover.”
Sierra features include:
- Standard projector headlamps
- Available LED signature accent lighting and detailed new grilles
- Upright instrument panel (for optimal visibility and accessibility) with large, legible knobs and buttons
- All buttons are coated using a rubber-over-mold technology, making them easy to grip with gloves
- New instrument cluster with six gauges and an available 4.2-inch Driver Information Center containing vehicle status information, a trip computer, and other information, like radio and navigation
- Available 110-volt outlet, up to 5 USB ports, 4 12-volt outlets, and an SD card slot
- Available IntelliLink infotainment system with high-definition eight-inch color touchscreen that’s fully reconfigurable, with an intuitive layout and easy-to-read icons; many IntelliLink features can be controlled via voice, allowing the driver to keep eyes on the road and hands on the wheel
- Dual-density foam designed to stay comfortable over long trips and look great after years of use
- Leather and cloth will be available, with the latter being a high-wear cloth designed to last longer and resist staining; a spilled drink, for instance, will beat on the fabric and not soak in.
- Heated seats will be offered with cloth and be standard with leather
What do you think of Big Red’s new full-size pickup? Sound off in the comments.
Stay tuned to GM Authority for the latest GM News, along with continuos coverage of the new trucks.