As previewed during the weekend, Chevrolet plans to release a limited-run Hot Wheels Edition Camaro. And seeing that the Camaro was one of the original sixteen Hot Wheels cars ever produced back in 1968, we find the fact that this is the first time Hot Wheels officially put its name on anything that is street legal a bit ironic.
The limited-edition Camaro will feature an eye-popping Kinetic Blue exterior coupled with unique graphics. The package will be available on 2LT and 2SS trim levels, and in both coupe and convertible variants. According to the press release, exterior highlights include:
- ZL1 rear spoiler (coupe models)
- ZL1 front upper grille
- Ground effects package, including front splitter and rocker treatment
- Black 21-inch wheels with red outline stripe
- Two-tone matte hood graphic and rear taillight panel “blackout” graphic
- Fender “flame” graphics
- Hot Wheels grille and decklid logos
If only the $6,995 Hot Wheels Edition style package was offered on the ZL1 Camaro… regardless, we expect this looker to be a hot commodity when it launches in early 2013.