As we’ve come to expect from Chevy‘s compact show cars seen at SEMA, this Spark Z-Spec shows off a wealth of unifying cosmetic elements that give the imported export an unequivocal dose of attitude. Painted in Salsa Red, the Spark Z-Spec’s full list of changes includes a healthy list of official Chevrolet Accessories:
- Chevrolet Accessories ground effects kit (body color)
- Chevrolet Accessories Z-spec grille with Carbon Flash-painted surround
- Grille surrounds, headlamp housings, fog lamp bezels, belt moldings and rear diffuser painted Dark Argent
- Z-Spec body graphics in matte black
- Chevrolet Performance licensed front lowering coil-over springs and rear adjustable springs
- Concept 15×6-inch split-spoke wheels in Dark Argent with Salsa Red inserts and tire stripes
- Lowered ride height
- Seats trimmed with Salsa Red inserts
- Front door and instrument panel inserts in Salsa Red
- Chevrolet Accessories stainless steel pedal covers and sill plates
- Chevrolet MyLink color touch screen
The package you see here draws upon Chevy Accessories already available through Chevy dealers, a definite step in the right direction of making customization easier than ever. However, no changes were made to the Spark’s measly 1.2 liter Ecotec engine and its 82 horsepower, which makes us wonder if the tuning or upgrading the non-aesthetic performance of the Spark is even on the minds of its owners.
So, does this Spark tickle your fancy? Sound off in the comments!