August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
GM Mexico Sales Increase 37 Percent To 23,474 Units In August 2014
Shanghai GM Sales Up 14 Percent To 280,178 Units In August 2014
Yes, Virginia, The Camaro Is Still Outselling The Mustang
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2600 HP Chevrolet Corvette C5 For Sale: eBay FindOctober 22, 2014
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Often Outpaced The Porsche 918 At C/D Lightning LapOctober 22, 2014
- Abbes Shows America How The Corvette Is Done In EuropeOctober 22, 2014
- The Cadillac CTS Vsport At Car and Driver’s Lightning LapOctober 22, 2014
- Auctions America To Auction 1937 Cadillac V16October 22, 2014
- The New Vauxhall Corsa vs. Ford Fiesta, VW PoloOctober 22, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- Cadillac Introduces New Naming Convention With CT6 Name For Omega FlagshipSeptember 24, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- johnls_39 on:General Motors Well-Represented In 2015 Motor Trend SUV Of The Year Testing
- johnls_39 on:Auctions America To Auction 1937 Cadillac V16
- opc on:Abbes Shows America How The Corvette Is Done In Europe
- What to do After a Crash on:Accident Watch: Man Parks Cadillac CTS On Neighbor’s Roof
- Stephen Marcus on:The New Vauxhall Corsa vs. Ford Fiesta, VW Polo
- Ken on:Community Question: What Do You Think Of GM’s Stance On The “Anti-Tesla” Bill?
Recent Forum Discussions
- Bluetooth microphone problems
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)