August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
Shanghai GM Sales Up 14 Percent To 280,178 Units In August 2014
Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra Outsell Ford F-Series In August 2014
Yes, Virginia, The Camaro Is Still Outselling The Mustang
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- OnStar To Demonstrate Automatic Crash Response During German ‘eCall’ ConferenceSeptember 17, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Volt The Topic Of Discussion On Autoline After HoursSeptember 17, 2014
- How To Win At Interior Design: Use A Chevrolet C/K Truck Grille As A Hot Wheels ShelfSeptember 17, 2014
- Unique Skunk Werkes C5 Corvette Z06 Convertible Heading To Barrett-JacksonSeptember 17, 2014
- Chevrolet Leading Continental Tire Challenge With Camaro Z/28.R As Series Heads To COTASeptember 17, 2014
- Cadillac Boss de Nysschen Hints Brand’s Expansion To New York City (Updated)September 17, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Cadillac Marketing Boss All But Confirms Upcoming Sub-ATS VehicleAugust 17, 2014
- Community Question: For $80K, What General Motors Car Do You Buy?August 23, 2014
- Reuss: Full-Size Cadillac Sedan To ‘Define Brand’ With Innovation And ExcellenceAugust 20, 2014
- vic1212 on:Either This Is The Corvette Zora Chassis Mule Or An Epic Ruse: Spy Shots
- Stephen Marcus on:No, Cadillacs Won’t Be Getting Cheaper, Says Brand Chief De Nysschen
- Marcie on:2015 Chevrolet Colorado, 2015 GMC Canyon: 200 Standard Horsepower, 305 V6 Horsepower
- Eco_Turbo on:Corvette DP Program Future Reportedly In Limbo Due To 2016 Discontinuation
- Ruperto Luntao on:Cadillac Brings Innovation Golf Series To The Web, Promotes XTS
- scott3 on:No, Cadillacs Won’t Be Getting Cheaper, Says Brand Chief De Nysschen
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New transmission is unfair to early buyers of L86(6.2) equipped vehicles.
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue