August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
Chevrolet Volt Sees Worst Sales Month Since August 2011
General Motors Canada Sales Up 13 Percent To 19,247 Units In December 2014: By The Numbers
GM China Sales Up 12 Percent To Over 3.5 Million Units In Calendar 2014
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- General Motors Now Uses Xbox To Better Engineer Its VehiclesApril 24, 2015
- Don’t You Wish The 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition Had Red Mirrors?April 24, 2015
- Buick Chief Duncan Aldred: “A Lot More To Do” With Buick In U.S.April 24, 2015
- University Engineering Teams Gear Up For Working On The 2016 Camaro In EcoCAR 3: VideoApril 24, 2015
- Dale Earnhardt 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Tribute Fetches $48,400 At Barrett-JacksonApril 24, 2015
- Cadillac Racing Looking For Redemption At Barber After Tough Weekend In Long BeachApril 24, 2015
- This Is The 2016 Chevrolet MalibuMarch 31, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac CT6 Debuts In New York CityMarch 31, 2015
- This Is Why Cadillac Will Discontinue The XTS: OpinionApril 22, 2015
- GM Currently Weighing Production Viability Of Buick AvenirApril 10, 2015
- Does The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Have What It Takes To Be A Comeback Kid?April 4, 2015
- Cadillac Needs To Replace ‘The Horn’ With Its Own Unique Key Fob ‘Chirp’: Opinion DeskMarch 27, 2015
- mitchell on:2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe Gets New 3.6L LGX V6 Engine, 8-Speed Transmission, New Colors And More
- James Jr. on:2016 Cadillac CT6 PHEV Uses 2016 Chevrolet Volt Battery Pack
- James Jr. on:2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe Gets New 3.6L LGX V6 Engine, 8-Speed Transmission, New Colors And More
- Curtnik on:Buick Chief Duncan Aldred: “A Lot More To Do” With Buick In U.S.
- Brand Names Supercharger Horsepower | Turbocharger Supercharger Parts on:Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Bumps Corvette Stingray Power Close To 2015 Corvette Z06
- VCAT on:Buick Chief Duncan Aldred: “A Lot More To Do” With Buick In U.S.
Recent Forum Discussions
- USB always replaying from the top
- Ten vehicles that depreciate the slowest
- Retrofitting Backwards for newer electronic features??
- Having difficulty selling my 2007 Saturn Aura-Any Tips?
- Transmission help on a 2003 Saturn Lw300
- 2011 Sierra Radio Firmware Update
- 2006 Pontiac G6 echotec
- I have A pontac G 6 2.4 ecotec engine 2006
- Express W/ Duramax Engine Clicking when starting cold
- 2008 Saturn Vue Redline Engine