August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
GM Mexico Sales Increase 37 Percent To 23,474 Units In August 2014
Shanghai GM Sales Up 14 Percent To 280,178 Units In August 2014
Yes, Virginia, The Camaro Is Still Outselling The Mustang
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Which Chevy, Buick, GMC And Cadillac Vehicles Have OnStar 4G LTE With Wi-Fi Hotspot?October 25, 2014
- 2015 Corvette Recalled For Airbag And Parking Brake IssuesOctober 24, 2014
- Model Year 2015i Chevy Tahoe, Suburban Get A Bevy Of Technology & Equipment UpdatesOctober 24, 2014
- General Motors Reveals Active Safety Testing Area Nearly CompleteOctober 24, 2014
- Opel Extends Partnership With ADAC To Host Rallye Cup Through To 2018October 24, 2014
- GM Financial Faces Several Probes Over Subprime Loans And SecuritiesOctober 24, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- General Motors Supported ‘Anti-Tesla’ Bill Signed By Michigan Governor (Updated)October 21, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- Paul on:Which Chevy, Buick, GMC And Cadillac Vehicles Have OnStar 4G LTE With Wi-Fi Hotspot?
- Grawdaddy on:Motor Trend Bids Adieu To Its Long-Term Cadillac ATS
- OnStar 4G LTE With Wi-Fi Hotspot Model Availability Guide | GM Authority on:Model Year 2015i Chevy Tahoe, Suburban Get A Bevy Of Technology & Equipment Updates
- OnStar 4G LTE With Wi-Fi Hotspot Model Availability Guide | GM Authority on:General Motors Announces Global Strategy To Equip Vehicles With 4G LTE
- Mitch on:What’s This 2015 Corvette Z06 Doing Without A Face?: Video
- Edgar on:2016 Chevrolet Malibu Spied Again, This Time In Colorado
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2009 Chevy Suburban Bluetooth issues
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)