August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
GM Mexico Sales Increase 37 Percent To 23,474 Units In August 2014
Shanghai GM Sales Up 14 Percent To 280,178 Units In August 2014
Yes, Virginia, The Camaro Is Still Outselling The Mustang
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- GM’s Mark Reuss Joins Detroit Public School CoalitionDecember 17, 2014
- AUTOBEST Recognizes New Opel Corsa As “Best Buy Car Of Europe For 2015″December 17, 2014
- Peter Max Being Sued Over Corvette Sales CommissionsDecember 17, 2014
- Community Question: Should Cadillac Enter F1?December 17, 2014
- 1967 Shriners COPO Corvette: eBay FindDecember 17, 2014
- General Motors Customers “Demanding” Payment For Cover-Up Of Faulty VehiclesDecember 17, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Concept Is Ready To Rock: LA 2014November 19, 2014
- Confirmed: There Will Not Be A Manual Offered On 2016 Cadillac CTS-VNovember 22, 2014
- North Carolina Dealership Offering Waiting List For Buick Grand National, GNXNovember 30, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Concept: 7 Things We DislikeDecember 5, 2014
- General Motors Files Trademark Application For ‘Velite’November 27, 2014
- 2015 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy Contests 2015 Chevrolet Colorado, 2015 GMC Canyon MileageNovember 26, 2014
- Mark Reuss Joins Detroit Public School Coalition | GM Authority on:GM Recruits 110 Detroit-Area Students For Paid Summer Internships
- 2015 Opel Corsa Wins AUTOBEST Award | GM Authority on:2015 Opel Corsa Cat Calendar Available December 17th
- hafeez_h on:Ford Expedition Beats Tahoe In Car And Driver Comparison
- hafeez_h on:Community Question: Should Cadillac Enter F1?
- Grawdaddy on:Community Question: Should Cadillac Enter F1?
- Peter Max Sued Over Corvette Sales Commission | GM Authority on:Peter Max Corvette Collection Headed To Auction: Video
Recent Forum Discussions