August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
General Motors South Africa Sales Total 4,696 Vehicles In May 2015
General Motors Canada Sales Up 3.85 Percent To 27,462 Units In May 2015
General Motors U.S. Sales Up 3 Percent To 293,097 Vehicles In May 2015
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?July 4, 2015
- GM Oshawa Plant Works Reportedly Getting Increasingly Anxious Over Job SecurityJuly 3, 2015
- General Motors Canada Sales Up 15.32 Percent To 24,226 Units In June 2015July 3, 2015
- Opel Upgrades Insignia With New Diesel, CarPlay And OnStarJuly 3, 2015
- Happy Belated Birthday To The Chevrolet Corvette!July 3, 2015
- Man Creates Wood-Gas Powered Geo TrackerJuly 3, 2015
- Mailbag: What Is Going On With Cadillac Marketing?June 26, 2015
- Kid Rock’s Confederate Flag Use Sparks Controversy With Chevrolet SponsorshipJune 30, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac XT5 Spotted Completely UncoveredJune 25, 2015
- Why A Sub-ATS Model Is Vital To Cadillac’s Growth Into The Future: AnalysisJune 5, 2015
- 2016 Chevrolet Cruze: Hot Or Not?June 25, 2015
- Is It Time For The Corvette Brand To Break Away From Chevrolet?June 28, 2015
- Chris Ecclestone on:Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?
- David1256 on:Vauxhall Paints The Future With The 2015 Insignia: Ad Break
- Spike on:Body-Color Engine Cover Added As Official Cadillac ATS And CTS Accessory
- Cruze on:Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?
- ricktherealtor on:GM Oshawa Plant Works Reportedly Getting Increasingly Anxious Over Job Security
- vanbondjr on:Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?
Recent Forum Discussions
- Android Auto and Apple Carplay in 2016 Enclave
- New Ecotec 5.3 engine problem
- Wheelchair driver. Elec/Hydro Brake question.
- 2014 Impala LT & LED Head Lights
- Feeling not valued as a customer
- Chevrolet Captiva Ltz Bluetooth
- Power Windows and Door Locks
- Slight Vibration 2008 Impala SS
- Intellilink Issues with iPod Classic and Crashing
- Caller ID Photos, 2014 GMC Terrain