August turned out to be a pretty solid month for Chevrolet, especially for its compact models, each of them posting individual records. While it’s the Spark’s first-ever August in America, it sets the record by default, so there’s not much to take away from that. However, the Sonic finished second to the Nissan Versa in unit sales of the segment with an August-best, while the Cruze proved it’s still appealing by winning its segment for the month outright. And it managed to do it without a hatch or coupe body variant. Lastly, the Volt set a new all-time monthly sales record with 2,831 units — a number that continues to swell as the months go on.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Offers 1.6L Turbo Engine In China-Market Malibu
- Next story Facebook Friday: Truth Hurts, But Love Breeds Delight
You may also like...
GM Mexico Sales Increase 37 Percent To 23,474 Units In August 2014
Shanghai GM Sales Up 14 Percent To 280,178 Units In August 2014
Yes, Virginia, The Camaro Is Still Outselling The Mustang
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe And Sedan Will Both Debut In Los AngelesOctober 31, 2014
- General Motors Will Replace Takata Airbags In Pontiac VibesOctober 31, 2014
- BDS Suspension Previews Lifted 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Before SEMAOctober 31, 2014
- Chevrolet Launches Digital Accessory Site For 2015 ColoradoOctober 31, 2014
- All Pro-Touring Camaros Deserve An LS7: eBay FindOctober 31, 2014
- Is This The World’s Most Powerful Corvette ZR1? VideoOctober 31, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- General Motors Supported ‘Anti-Tesla’ Bill Signed By Michigan Governor (Updated)October 21, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- GM Will Do More Than Revitalize Mid-Size Truck Segment With 2015 Colorado And Canyon: First DriveOctober 8, 2014
- Some Analysts Think Toyota Should Buy General MotorsOctober 15, 2014
- scott3 on:2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe And Sedan Will Both Debut In Los Angeles
- bronc624 on:We Render The 2016 Cadillac CT6
- 2014 buick velite - iGalaxyWallpaper.com on:Compact Buick Convertible Is Coming
- Zero Five on:So What’s The Word On Dorizas’ Departure?
- Los Angeles Auto Show To Host ATS-V Debuts | GM Authority on:2016 Cadillac ATS-V Will Debut At The Los Angeles Auto Show, But Not In Coupe Form
- GM To Fix Pontiac Vibes With Recalled Airbags | GM Authority on:Pontiac Vibe Part Of Toyota Airbag Recall
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2009 Chevy Suburban Bluetooth issues
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)