Opel Australia has announced its initial dealership lineup, which consists of 17 stand-alone facilities that only sell Opel vehicles in their showrooms. Opel was quick to point out that most of these showrooms are purpose-built for the brand, as well.
The inceptive list of Opel stores in Australia is as follows:
- Opel Brisbane, Corner Ann Street and Commercial Road, Fortitude Valley, Qld.
- Motorline Opel, M1 Motorway, Daisy Hill, QLD, a Motorline Group Company
- Gold Coast Opel, 333 Southport Nerang Road, Ashmore, Qld, an AP Eager’s Company
- Sydney City Auto, Princes Highway, Rockdale, an Australian Automotive Group Company
- Alto Opel, Pacific Highway, Artarmon, NSW. A member of the Alto Group
- Tynan Opel, 519 Prices Highway, Kirrawee, NSW
- Opel of Parramatta, Church Street, Parramatta, NSW, a NGP Group Company
- Rolfe Opel, Melrose Drive, Phillip, ACT, Rolfe Motor Corporation [No 1] Pty Ltd
- South Yarra Opel, Corner Williams Road & High Street, Prahran, Vic. The John Blair Group
- Rex Gorell Opel, Fyans Street, Geelong, Vic. Part of the Rex Gorell Family Group
- Eastside Opel, 309 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, Vic. The Jefferson Automotive Group
- Metro Opel, Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds, Vic
- Berwick Opel, 2 High Street, Berwick. Vic. Clydevale Australia Pty Ltd
- Adelaide Opel, Corner Hindley Street and West Terrace, Adelaide, SA. An Adelaide Motors Group Company
- Burswood Opel, 10 Asquith Street, Burswood, WA. A Peters Investment Group Company
- Barbagallo Opel, Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park, WA
- Performance Opel, Argyle Street, Hobart, Tasmania. Part of the Performance Automobiles Group.
The brand will announce full specifications of its Australian line-up as well as pricing closer to launch, which is scheduled for the fall 2012 timeframe. Currently, the brand’s website lists the Corsa, Astra, and Insignia.