Corvette Racing just finished qualifying for Sunday’s race at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Bowmanville, Ontario — and the results couldn’t be any better.
Jan Magnussen qualified the No. 3 Compuware Corvette C6.R on the GT class pole with a time of 1:15.478 (117.285 mph), shattering the previous record set in 2008 by 1.385 seconds. Meanwhile, Oliver Gavin took the second spot in the No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R with a nearly equal 1:15.782 lap (116.814 mph). In other words, Corvette Racing qualified first and second for the Grand Prix of Mosport at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park that officially starts at noon eastern on Sunday.
- 9:10 – 9:30 a.m. ET – warm-up
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET – pre-race
- 12:00 p.m. – race begins
Watch The Race
- Television Broadcast: Sunday, July 22, 2012 – 12:00pm EDT on SportsNet ONe
- Television Broadcast: Sunday, July 22, 2012 – 1:00pm EDT on ESPN2
- Live Streaming: Sunday, July 22, 2012 – 11:45am EDT on ESPN3/XBOX Live
- Track: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Race Duration: Two hours, 45 minutes
- Circuit Length: 2.459 miles