If your car can crack three minutes at Virginia International Raceway’s “Grand Course,” it’s kind of a big deal. Bigger still when the car is the 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1, and the fact that it out-muscled the current Ford Mustang Shelby GT500’s time by more than six seconds. Coming in at 2:52.4, there’s not a thing from the factory that can currently touch the performance of the ZL1 for the sub-$60,000 price tag. And the video below captures every second of the grueling time attack.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
- Next story OnStar’s FMV Mirror Off To A Great Start
You may also like...
2015 C7 Corvette Z06 Returns To The ‘Ring, Official Times Coming Soon?
Take A Tour Of The 2016 Camaro Unveiling Museum: Video
Watch The Beginning Festivities Of The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Reveal
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- All-New 2016 Chevrolet Spark To Launch In Mexico In Q4 2015August 29, 2015
- Here Are The Six Colors Of The 2016 Buick CascadaAugust 29, 2015
- Feast Your Eyes On The Very First 2016 Chevrolet Camaro For Sale: VideoAugust 28, 2015
- New SiriusXM Radio Show To Debut With Interview Of General Motors CEO Mary BarraAugust 28, 2015
- General Motors Colombia Sales Up 12 Percent To 6,156 Units In July 2015August 28, 2015
- Rumored LS9-Powered HSV Model May Revive Coveted GTS-R NameplateAugust 28, 2015
- Nearly All Future Buick Vehicles May Be Built Outside Of U.S.August 19, 2015
- Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen Marks One Year Anniversary With Plenty Of Work Left To DoAugust 17, 2015
- Community Question: Is The Price Right For The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro?August 21, 2015
- Cadillac Dealers Reportedly Continue To Wait For Familiar Sales VolumeAugust 5, 2015
- 2017 Buick Regal Will Be Lighter, Longer Than Current ModelJuly 30, 2015
- UAW Opposes The Idea Of A China-Built Buick EnvisionAugust 18, 2015
- Stephen Marcus on:Here Are The Six Colors Of The 2016 Buick Cascada
- Mike on:Why A Four-Cylinder 2016 Chevy Camaro Is A Brilliant Brand Move: Opinion Desk
- Jared Davis on:How To Crash Your Brand New 2015 C7 Corvette Z06: Video
- opc on:Here Are The Six Colors Of The 2016 Buick Cascada
- John Engelman on:Car Thieves Steal Vehicles From Chevrolet Dealer In Missouri
- Tyler Chess on:Here Are The Six Colors Of The 2016 Buick Cascada
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2016 Sierra, When will they be at dealers?
- 2014 Malibu A/C lower vent leak passenger side
- Johan de Nysschen Concedes Mercedes, Audi and BMW are Superior to Cadillac
- ONSTAR PROGRAMMING
- A Plan for Pontiac
- How to permanently turn off Park Assist on a 2015 Yukon Denali
- 2014 Tahoe with Bose navigation system
- IntelliLink plays my iPhone music when I plug it in, I just want to charge it
- Android Auto and Apple Carplay in 2016 Enclave
- New Ecotec 5.3 engine problem