If your car can crack three minutes at Virginia International Raceway’s “Grand Course,” it’s kind of a big deal. Bigger still when the car is the 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1, and the fact that it out-muscled the current Ford Mustang Shelby GT500′s time by more than six seconds. Coming in at 2:52.4, there’s not a thing from the factory that can currently touch the performance of the ZL1 for the sub-$60,000 price tag. And the video below captures every second of the grueling time attack.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
- Next story OnStar’s FMV Mirror Off To A Great Start
You may also like...
1969 Camaro Sets New Hot Rod Drag Week Speed Record: Video
Cammed-And-Blown LS3 Camaro Traps 136.57 MPH: Video
Cadillac ATS-V Plays Chase With Mustang GT350 On The ‘Ring: Video
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Chevrolet Middle East SUV And Pickup Sales Up 35 Percent In AugustSeptember 16, 2014
- Chris Harris On Camaro Z/28 vs. Porsche 911 GT3: VideoSeptember 16, 2014
- Corvette DP Program Future Reportedly In Limbo Due To 2016 DiscontinuationSeptember 16, 2014
- Jay Leno Hops Behind The Wheel Of The 2015 Corvette Z06: VideoSeptember 16, 2014
- NCM Motorsports Park Hosting High Performance Driving Event This MonthSeptember 16, 2014
- GM Wentzville Assembly Plant Adds Third Shift For 2015 Colorado, 2015 CanyonSeptember 16, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Community Question: For $80K, What General Motors Car Do You Buy?August 23, 2014
- Cadillac Marketing Boss All But Confirms Upcoming Sub-ATS VehicleAugust 17, 2014
- General Motors U.S. Sales Down 1.24 Percent To 272,423 Units In August 2014: By The NumbersSeptember 3, 2014
- holdenisaustralian on:2015 Chevrolet Volt Stays Firm On Price
- holdenisaustralian on:GM Wentzville Assembly Plant Adds Third Shift For 2015 Colorado, 2015 Canyon
- Paul on:This Is The Chevrolet Cruze Classic
- speedy on:Corvette DP Program Future Reportedly In Limbo Due To 2016 Discontinuation
- scott3 on:Not Even Oprah Could Save Pontiac With G6 Giveaway
- Tyger on:The All-New U.S.-Market Chevy Cruze Will Have These Three Differences Compared To The Chinese Version
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New transmission is unfair to early buyers of L86(6.2) equipped vehicles.
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue