If your car can crack three minutes at Virginia International Raceway’s “Grand Course,” it’s kind of a big deal. Bigger still when the car is the 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1, and the fact that it out-muscled the current Ford Mustang Shelby GT500’s time by more than six seconds. Coming in at 2:52.4, there’s not a thing from the factory that can currently touch the performance of the ZL1 for the sub-$60,000 price tag. And the video below captures every second of the grueling time attack.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
- Next story OnStar’s FMV Mirror Off To A Great Start
You may also like...
2015 C7 Corvette Z06 Returns To The ‘Ring, Official Times Coming Soon?
Take A Tour Of The 2016 Camaro Unveiling Museum: Video
Watch The Beginning Festivities Of The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Reveal
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- This Is Why Cadillac Needs The 2.5L Four Cylinder Engine In The ATS Sedan: OpinionAugust 1, 2015
- The Enhanced Driver Alert Package On The 2016 Chevy Silverado: Feature SpotlightAugust 1, 2015
- Chevrolet Sets A World Record With Secondary Use Of Volt BatteryAugust 1, 2015
- GM’s OnStar RemoteLink App Hacked And Fixed Within 24 HoursAugust 1, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac CTS-V: First DriveAugust 1, 2015
- 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Gets New Colors, Power-Retractable Assist Step, LED Lighting And MoreAugust 1, 2015
- A Corvette Sub-Brand Could Tie In Well With Future Cadillac GoalsJuly 23, 2015
- ATS Owner Offers Advice To Cadillac; We Agree: MailbagJuly 25, 2015
- General Motors Is At A Loss Without Pontiac: Opinion DeskJuly 10, 2015
- Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?July 4, 2015
- General Motors U.S. Sales Down 3 Percent To 259,353 Vehicles In June 2015July 1, 2015
- Russian-Market Chevrolet Tahoe To Be Powered By 6.2L V8 EcoTec3 EngineJuly 10, 2015
- Paul on:This Is Why Cadillac Needs The 2.5L Four Cylinder Engine In The ATS Sedan: Opinion
- Steve on:2016 Chevrolet Colorado Duramax, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax Ordering Now Open
- Jack on:What Could The ‘Corvette Manta Ray’ Trademark Filing Mean?
- Dhalgren on:This Is Why Cadillac Needs The 2.5L Four Cylinder Engine In The ATS Sedan: Opinion
- usayjim on:This Is Why Cadillac Needs The 2.5L Four Cylinder Engine In The ATS Sedan: Opinion
- Takealookatmenow on:Chevy, Howie Long Take A Swing At Ford F-150 Repair Time & Costs In Latest Long-Form Video
Recent Forum Discussions
- ONSTAR PROGRAMMING
- A Plan for Pontiac
- How to permanently turn off Park Assist on a 2015 Yukon Denali
- 2014 Tahoe with Bose navigation system
- IntelliLink plays my iPhone music when I plug it in, I just want to charge it
- Android Auto and Apple Carplay in 2016 Enclave
- New Ecotec 5.3 engine problem
- Wheelchair driver. Elec/Hydro Brake question.
- 2014 Impala LT & LED Head Lights
- Feeling not valued as a customer