If your car can crack three minutes at Virginia International Raceway’s “Grand Course,” it’s kind of a big deal. Bigger still when the car is the 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1, and the fact that it out-muscled the current Ford Mustang Shelby GT500′s time by more than six seconds. Coming in at 2:52.4, there’s not a thing from the factory that can currently touch the performance of the ZL1 for the sub-$60,000 price tag. And the video below captures every second of the grueling time attack.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
- Next story OnStar’s FMV Mirror Off To A Great Start
You may also like...
Corvette ZR1 Runs Quarter-Mile In Under 10 Seconds: Video
Cammed-And-Blown LS3 Camaro Traps 136.57 MPH: Video
Cadillac ATS-V Plays Chase With Mustang GT350 On The ‘Ring: Video
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD ModelsSeptember 1, 2014
- Officially Official: Next-Gen Chevrolet Niva To Launch In 2016September 1, 2014
- Cadillac Appears To Be Rooting For University Of Michigan With This 2014 ATS SedanSeptember 1, 2014
- LS9-Powered Destino Caught Testing With Some Apparent UpdatesSeptember 1, 2014
- These Are The Four Objectives Behind GM’s IT TransformationSeptember 1, 2014
- The Rugged Niva Concept Is Chevrolet’s Moscow MuleAugust 31, 2014
- Cadillac LTS Flagship To Debut In NYCAugust 7, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- General Motors To Halt Production At Lansing Grand River Following Slow ATS, CTS SalesAugust 9, 2014
- Cadillac XTS May Be Axed Following Introduction Of New Cadillac Full-Size SedanAugust 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Yes, Virginia, The 2015 CTS Loses Its Wreath In This New Official PhotoAugust 8, 2014
- Jason t on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
- polonez on:Officially Official: Next-Gen Chevrolet Niva To Launch In 2016
- BahamaTodd on:Cadillac ATS, CTS, New Camaro, Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon On Deck For 8L90 Transmission
- hoti on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
- s10fan on:Chevy Colorado ZR2 Could Look Something LIke This
- ROY BATTY on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
Recent Forum Discussions
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue
- MyLink USB/Flash Drive and Music library
- 2015 Suburban adaptive cruise control issues
- Bluetooth not working on my 2014 Buick Encore
- 2014 Impala Recall GM Recall # N140476 Remedy not yet available.
- 2015 Yukon XL Denali Issues
- Exhaust outlet stains on CTS Vsport
- Brake dust on CTS Vsport performance brakes