If your car can crack three minutes at Virginia International Raceway’s “Grand Course,” it’s kind of a big deal. Bigger still when the car is the 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1, and the fact that it out-muscled the current Ford Mustang Shelby GT500′s time by more than six seconds. Coming in at 2:52.4, there’s not a thing from the factory that can currently touch the performance of the ZL1 for the sub-$60,000 price tag. And the video below captures every second of the grueling time attack.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
- Next story OnStar’s FMV Mirror Off To A Great Start
You may also like...
2014 Chevolet Corvette Stingray Attacks C/D Lightning Lap: Video
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Often Outpaced The Porsche 918 At C/D Lightning Lap
Camaro Z/28 Laps Like Lightning In The Hands Of C/D: Video
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- This Chevrolet Camaro Shows Us It’s Mustang Hunting SeasonOctober 31, 2014
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe And Sedan Will Both Debut In Los AngelesOctober 31, 2014
- General Motors Will Replace Takata Airbags In Pontiac VibesOctober 31, 2014
- BDS Suspension Previews Lifted 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Before SEMAOctober 31, 2014
- Chevrolet Launches Digital Accessory Site For 2015 ColoradoOctober 31, 2014
- All Pro-Touring Camaros Deserve An LS7: eBay FindOctober 31, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- General Motors Supported ‘Anti-Tesla’ Bill Signed By Michigan Governor (Updated)October 21, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- GM Will Do More Than Revitalize Mid-Size Truck Segment With 2015 Colorado And Canyon: First DriveOctober 8, 2014
- Some Analysts Think Toyota Should Buy General MotorsOctober 15, 2014
- usayjim on:2015i Cadillac Escalades Beginning To Hit The Market
- Christopher Price on:So What’s The Word On Dorizas’ Departure?
- Chevrolet Camaro Camo Picture | GM Authority on:A 2013 Camaro 1LE Is A Great Way To Spend A Tax Return: Quick Spin
- Gmfan on:We Render The 2016 Cadillac CT6
- Gmfan on:Cadillac SRX Replacement Spied Testing For The First Time
- cmoser51 on:GMC Will Soon Offer Four Special Edition Models For 2015 Canyon
Recent Forum Discussions
- Apple Car Play
- 2014 Impala LED Running Lights
- 2009 Chevy Suburban Bluetooth issues
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu