While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
Pickuptrucks.com Shows Off Its Three-Quarter-Ton Challenge: Video
Chevrolet Showcases A Sandy 2015 Colorado At The U.S. Sand Sculpting Championships
Watch The Live Congressional Testimony Of GM CEO Mary Barra And Anton Valukas: Video
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Illinois Chevrolet Dealer Selling Off 2015 Corvette Z06 Order FormSeptember 19, 2014
- Corvette Racing Looking For Second Consecutive Win At Circuit Of The AmericasSeptember 19, 2014
- GM China Sales Up 9.4 Percent To 2.26 Million Units Through August 2014September 19, 2014
- Cadillac Confirms That Omega Flagship Will Be Built In Detroit-HamtramckSeptember 19, 2014
- General Motors Recalling 3,200 Natural Gas Chevrolet Express And GMC Savana VansSeptember 19, 2014
- GMC Elevates To The Dark Side With The 2015 Sierra Elevation EditionSeptember 19, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Community Question: For $80K, What General Motors Car Do You Buy?August 23, 2014
- Either This Is The Corvette Zora Chassis Mule Or An Epic Ruse: Spy ShotsSeptember 16, 2014
- General Motors U.S. Sales Down 1.24 Percent To 272,423 Units In August 2014: By The NumbersSeptember 3, 2014
- Sam McEachern on:Opel Astra OPC Faces Off With A BMW M235i And Subaru WRX STI:Video
- Rob Pollard on:2015 Chevrolet Colorado, 2015 GMC Canyon Begin Shipments
- Sam McEachern on:2015 Mustang Sets The Performance Bar For Alpha 2016 Camaro To Match, Surpass
- Richard Tait on:Opel Astra OPC Faces Off With A BMW M235i And Subaru WRX STI:Video
- Aaron on:GMC Elevates To The Dark Side With The 2015 Sierra Elevation Edition
- Grawdaddy on:Cadillac Chief To Push For Dealer Network Restructuring?
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New transmission is unfair to early buyers of L86(6.2) equipped vehicles.
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue