While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
Watch The Live Congressional Testimony Of GM CEO Mary Barra And Anton Valukas: Video
Opel Responds To ‘Huge Public Interest’ Surrounding Claudia Schiffer Ads With Behind The Scenes Videos
2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Crashed Into Community Swimming Pool In Texas
Login or Register
Fresh Off The Press
- Darth Vader Drives A CorvetteJuly 23, 2014
- 2014 GMC Yukon Earns Top Marks In J.D. Power APEAL StudyJuly 23, 2014
- Opel Adam Rocks To Start At Under 16,000 EurosJuly 23, 2014
- Corvette Racing Looking For Fifth Straight Win At IndyJuly 23, 2014
- Community Question: Does Chevrolet Need A Competitor To The 707 Horsepower Dodge Challenger Hellcat?July 23, 2014
- Camaro Z/28.R Hoping For Foruth Win At Continental Tire Challenge Race At IndyJuly 23, 2014
- GM Is Building A Ford Raptor Fighter, But It’s Not What You May Think: ExclusiveJuly 15, 2014
- Driver Imprisoned For Fatal Crash May Sue General MotorsJuly 18, 2014
- Cadillac Sales Go Flat In June As Rivals Continue To GrowJuly 3, 2014
- New Compact Luxury Entrants To Blame For Slumping ATS Sales?June 23, 2014
- Alpha-Based 2016 Camaro Spied For The First TimeJuly 17, 2014
- What Are The Chances Cadillac’s New Chief Will Push For A Luxury Subcompact?July 16, 2014
- Jeff king on:Pristine 1967 Corvette Stingray Is Looking For A New Home: eBay Find
- Charles on:2016 Buick Envision: Hot Or Not?
- bronc624 on:2016 Buick Envision: Hot Or Not?
- Jim on:Community Question: Chevy Cruze Eco Or Chevy Cruze Diesel?
- D on:2016 Cadillac CTS-V Will DEFINITELY Be Supercharged: Video
- Dane on:NHTSA Has Yet To Fire/Discipline Employees Over General Motors Ignition Switches
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2014 Sonic RS with 1.4 liter turbo
- Trip Timer on 2014 Cruze
- More info on 2015 Chevy Colorado
- 2012 Chevy Cruze eco
- Cost to upgrade navigation system
- Chevy my link center shuts down randomly
- 2015 Silverado 1500 Updates
- 2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4 with turbocharger issues
- radio not working nor is the click i used to hear when using the turn signal
- 2014 Terrian Intellink Drops Bluetooth pairing