While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
Watch Along As The National Corvette Museum Pulls Out The Vettes From The Sinkhole: Livestream
A Look At The Multitude Of Anti-Theft Features For The 2015 Tahoe And Suburban: Video
Take A Walkaround Tour Of The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Exterior
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Someone Used To Love This Mint Condition Chevrolet LUV Truck: eBay FindMarch 10, 2014
- Here’s Your 2015 Cadillac Escalade Pricing BreakdownMarch 10, 2014
- Big Three Automakers Pitch Their Pickup Trucks To Jimmy FallonMarch 10, 2014
- 2016 Camaro To Stick With Similar Design FormulaMarch 10, 2014
- Will The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Get RS And SS Variants?March 10, 2014
- XCAR Drives The Vauxhall Insignia VXR Supersport: VideoMarch 10, 2014
- “The New Premium,” Starring The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe: Ad BreakFebruary 17, 2014
- Ten Things GM’s Trucks Could Use Right NowFebruary 19, 2014
- General Motors Locks In Deals With Aluminum Suppliers, Looks To Follow 2015 F-150 With Next-Gen TrucksFebruary 19, 2014
- Bill Doesn’t Like The Center Console On The 2014 Malibu: MailbagFebruary 21, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2015 Suburban, 2015 GMC Yukon Family PricedMarch 5, 2014
- GMC To Reportedly Offer Unique Off-Road Oriented VehicleMarch 2, 2014
- fastyle on:2016 Camaro To Stick With Similar Design Formula
- Pat on:Next Generation Cadillac CTS-V To Have More Than 560 Horsepower On Tap
- Grawdaddy on:Will The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Get RS And SS Variants?
- Grawdaddy on:Next Generation Cadillac CTS-V To Have More Than 560 Horsepower On Tap
- betterlate on:OnStar Quietly Discontinues FMV Program: Exclusive
- Brian on:General Motors Eyeing A Truck Below Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon?
Recent Forum Discussions
- Cocoa/Lt. Neutral interior trim 2014 Malibu
- 2014 Corvette Z51 Constraint & Related Order Status
- 2006 Chevy HHR
- 2006 Nissan Altima – $7,995
- explain use of tow haul mode plus/minus arrows
- Medium Duty Return In 2016?
- Engine Dimensions
- 2015 Yukons now arriving
- Smartphone Link/setting Missing in MyLink Radio Chevy Silverado 2014
- About ready to give up on my Encore