While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
Chevrolet Runs Digital Video Ads In Print Publications (Seriously!)
Tony Stewart Wasn’t Very Happy With Martin Truex Jr. At Fontana: Video
TIME Magazine Battles New York’s Snowstorm In A 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71: Video
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2016 Chevrolet Traverse Gets New Colors, OnStar 4G LTE, Other Package ChangesMay 22, 2015
- LS-Swapped R32 Nissan Skyline Will Make Purists Weep: VideoMay 22, 2015
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Gears Up For SEMA, Aftermarket And Tuners Await Access To The Latest Pony CarMay 22, 2015
- First-Generation Chevy Volt Used More Like An EV Than A HybridMay 22, 2015
- 2015 Vauxhall Adam S Drops ‘Grand Slam’ NameMay 22, 2015
- Information Leak: 2016 Chevrolet Volt Launch ScheduleMay 22, 2015
- Why The 2015 Chevrolet SS Is The Greatest Car No One Is Buying: Opinion DeskMay 19, 2015
- Community Question: Is The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ready For All-Wheel Drive?May 21, 2015
- This Is Why Cadillac Will Discontinue The XTS: OpinionApril 22, 2015
- Cadillac ATS And CTS Both Recognized As Great Cars That, Sadly, Nobody BuysApril 28, 2015
- General Motors U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent To 269,056 Vehicles In April 2015May 1, 2015
- This Is The All-New 2016 Chevy CamaroMay 16, 2015
- Christopher Price on:First-Generation Chevy Volt Used More Like An EV Than A Hybrid
- usayjim on:Scholarship America Honors The GM Foundation
- 2016 Chevrolet Traverse Changes And Updates | GM Authority on:10th-Gen OnStar Hardware To Enable OnStar 4G LTE With Wi-Fi
- 2016 Chevrolet Traverse Changes And Updates | GM Authority on:JR’s $70,000+ Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium Also Doesn’t Have An Auto-Dimming Passenger Mirror: Mailbag
- Takealookatmenow on:NHTSA Extends Oversight Period For General Motors
- NHTSA Extends GM Oversight | GM Authority on:NHTSA Chief To Meet With Mary Barra, Other Detroit Automaker CEOs
Recent Forum Discussions
- Power Windows and Door Locks
- Slight Vibration 2008 Impala SS
- Intellilink Issues with iPod Classic and Crashing
- Caller ID Photos, 2014 GMC Terrain
- 2015 Corvette MyLink
- USB always replaying from the top
- Retrofitting Backwards for newer electronic features??
- Having difficulty selling my 2007 Saturn Aura-Any Tips?
- Transmission help on a 2003 Saturn Lw300
- 2011 Sierra Radio Firmware Update