While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
Chevrolet Showcases A Sandy 2015 Colorado At The U.S. Sand Sculpting Championships
Watch The Live Congressional Testimony Of GM CEO Mary Barra And Anton Valukas: Video
Four General Motors Models Earn Top Safety Ratings
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Watch How Sand Sculptors Shaped A 2015 Chevrolet Colorado: VideoSeptember 2, 2014
- You Can Own The 2005 Chevrolet DinoSSauR For $34,988September 2, 2014
- Why Cadillac “Toned Down” The Looks Of The 2015 ATS Coupe From CTS CoupeSeptember 2, 2014
- Chevrolet Niva Concept Was Designed At Shanghai-GM And Engineered In RussiaSeptember 2, 2014
- Insane 10-Second GMC Typhoon Causes A Stir The Drag Strip: VideoSeptember 2, 2014
- Gray Market C7 Corvette Stingray Listed At Over $280,000 USD In ChinaSeptember 2, 2014
- Cadillac LTS Flagship To Debut In NYCAugust 7, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- General Motors To Halt Production At Lansing Grand River Following Slow ATS, CTS SalesAugust 9, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Cadillac XTS May Be Axed Following Introduction Of New Cadillac Full-Size SedanAugust 5, 2014
- Yes, Virginia, The 2015 CTS Loses Its Wreath In This New Official PhotoAugust 8, 2014
- David1256 on:Opel Teases New Vehicle Ahead Of 2014 Moscow Motor Show
- Paul on:You Can Own The 2005 Chevrolet DinoSSauR For $34,988
- Tomko on:General Motors Revises Dealer Technician Protocols After Receiving Complaints
- cm on:D3 Cadillac Releases 2015 ATS Coupe Cadillac Challenge Rendering
- cm on:Why Cadillac “Toned Down” The Looks Of The 2015 ATS Coupe From CTS Coupe
- Chris Ecclestone on:Chevrolet Niva Concept Was Designed At Shanghai-GM And Engineered In Russia
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue
- MyLink USB/Flash Drive and Music library
- 2015 Suburban adaptive cruise control issues
- Bluetooth not working on my 2014 Buick Encore
- 2014 Impala Recall GM Recall # N140476 Remedy not yet available.
- 2015 Yukon XL Denali Issues
- Exhaust outlet stains on CTS Vsport