While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
TIME Magazine Battles New York’s Snowstorm In A 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71: Video
Chevrolet’s Optional Rearview Camera For 2015: Feature Spotlight
38 Years Later, $75 Pickup Finishes Job Of Taking Minnesota Man To Work Every Day
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2016 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV Changes, Updates And ImprovementsApril 18, 2015
- Corvette DPs Occupy Four Of Top Five Positions In Long Beach QualifyingApril 18, 2015
- Corvette Racing Qualifies Fourth, Fifth At Long BeachApril 18, 2015
- Automobile Has A Bit Of Trouble With Their 2014 C7 CorvetteApril 17, 2015
- Super Rare ‘Nickey’ Corvette Goes Up On eBayApril 17, 2015
- Johan de Nysschen Has To Remind The Internet That Cadillac Will Get New V8 EnginesApril 17, 2015
- This Is The 2016 Chevrolet MalibuMarch 31, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac CT6 Debuts In New York CityMarch 31, 2015
- Cadillac Announces New 3.0L Twin-Turbo LGW 400HP V6 ‘LGW’ Engine For Upcoming 2016 CT6March 20, 2015
- GM Currently Weighing Production Viability Of Buick AvenirApril 10, 2015
- Does The 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Have What It Takes To Be A Comeback Kid?April 4, 2015
- Cadillac Needs To Replace ‘The Horn’ With Its Own Unique Key Fob ‘Chirp’: Opinion DeskMarch 27, 2015
- Tim Moore on:2016 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV Changes, Updates And Improvements
- Silent Electrician on:2016 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV Changes, Updates And Improvements
- Frank Nitty on:2016 Cadillac CT6-V: We Render It
- Lex on:Updated 2017 Chevrolet Silverado Spied Testing
- David on:2016 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV Changes, Updates And Improvements
- jenny on:2016 Chevrolet Camaro: 10 Things To Expect
Recent Forum Discussions
- Retrofitting Backwards for newer electronic features??
- Having difficulty selling my 2007 Saturn Aura-Any Tips?
- Transmission help on a 2003 Saturn Lw300
- 2011 Sierra Radio Firmware Update
- 2006 Pontiac G6 echotec
- I have A pontac G 6 2.4 ecotec engine 2006
- Express W/ Duramax Engine Clicking when starting cold
- 2008 Saturn Vue Redline Engine
- paint protection
- Zafira Tourer Check Engine Light