While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
OnStar Demonstrates How It Would Handle A Werewolf Attack
Pickuptrucks.com Shows Off Its Three-Quarter-Ton Challenge: Video
Chevrolet Showcases A Sandy 2015 Colorado At The U.S. Sand Sculpting Championships
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Watch The Race Preparation Of A One Of Five 1963 Corvette Grand Sport: VideoDecember 19, 2014
- Who Needs A Private Jet When You Have The Cadillac Escalade-Based Lexani Concept One Curve?December 19, 2014
- National Corvette Museum Outlines Plans To Construct New Pavillion And Garages At Motorsports ParkDecember 19, 2014
- 2016 Cadillac CT6 To Introduce Revolutionary Camera-Based Rearview MirrorDecember 18, 2014
- Former GM Muncie Plant Employees Now Unofficial HistoriansDecember 18, 2014
- Chevrolet Wins 11 Racing Championships In 2014December 18, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Concept Is Ready To Rock: LA 2014November 19, 2014
- Confirmed: There Will Not Be A Manual Offered On 2016 Cadillac CTS-VNovember 22, 2014
- North Carolina Dealership Offering Waiting List For Buick Grand National, GNXNovember 30, 2014
- General Motors Files Trademark Application For ‘Velite’November 27, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Concept: 7 Things We DislikeDecember 5, 2014
- 2015 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy Contests 2015 Chevrolet Colorado, 2015 GMC Canyon MileageNovember 26, 2014
- Dan on:2016 Cadillac CT6 To Introduce Revolutionary Camera-Based Rearview Mirror
- Iceman on:First 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe PPVs Delivered To Ventura County PD
- howard young on:Chevrolet Wins 11 Racing Championships In 2014
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Transformed By Lexani Motorcars | GM Authority on:Cadillac Unveils 2015 Escalade Platinum Collection
- Raymondjram on:Bowling Green Corvette Plant Going Right To Work?
- Yohvani on:How GM’s Dealer SalesAssistant App Improves The Sales Process
Recent Forum Discussions