While the Chevy Volt is getting a significant amount of attention — some of which is entirely unwanted, unnecessary, and unwarranted — there are those who still remember its spiritual predecessor — the EV1. This 1996 ad is the launch commercial for the first electric car from an American automaker. Enjoy the ad while pondering how far the auto industry, and GM, have come in the last decade-and-a-half.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story OnStar Reaches 400,000 Customers In China
- Next story For 2011, Chevy Sold More Performance Vehicles Than Any Other Brand In United States
You may also like...
2016 Chevrolet Cruze Interior Teased In Apple CarPlay Feature Video
Chevrolet Runs Digital Video Ads In Print Publications (Seriously!)
Tony Stewart Wasn’t Very Happy With Martin Truex Jr. At Fontana: Video
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Canada Is Cadillac’s Third-Biggest Market In The WorldJuly 5, 2015
- How To: Identify The Direction In Which You’re Driving In A GM VehicleJuly 4, 2015
- Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?July 4, 2015
- GM Oshawa Plant Works Reportedly Getting Increasingly Anxious Over Job SecurityJuly 3, 2015
- General Motors Canada Sales Up 15.32 Percent To 24,226 Units In June 2015July 3, 2015
- Opel Upgrades Insignia With New Diesel, CarPlay And OnStarJuly 3, 2015
- Mailbag: What Is Going On With Cadillac Marketing?June 26, 2015
- Kid Rock’s Confederate Flag Use Sparks Controversy With Chevrolet SponsorshipJune 30, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac XT5 Spotted Completely UncoveredJune 25, 2015
- Why A Sub-ATS Model Is Vital To Cadillac’s Growth Into The Future: AnalysisJune 5, 2015
- 2016 Chevrolet Cruze: Hot Or Not?June 25, 2015
- Is It Time For The Corvette Brand To Break Away From Chevrolet?June 28, 2015
- scott3 on:GM Oshawa Plant Works Reportedly Getting Increasingly Anxious Over Job Security
- Cruze Coupt? on:Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?
- Jeff G on:Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?
- GM Employee on:Poll: Should GM Make A Coupe Version Of The All-New 2016 Chevy Cruze?
- SPONGEZILLA on:Chevrolet SS To Lose Its Fangs, Or Go Extinct?
- Canada Is Cadillac's Third-Biggest Market | GM Authority on:General Motors Canada Sales Up 15.32 Percent To 24,226 Units In June 2015
Recent Forum Discussions
- Android Auto and Apple Carplay in 2016 Enclave
- New Ecotec 5.3 engine problem
- Wheelchair driver. Elec/Hydro Brake question.
- 2014 Impala LT & LED Head Lights
- Feeling not valued as a customer
- Chevrolet Captiva Ltz Bluetooth
- Power Windows and Door Locks
- Slight Vibration 2008 Impala SS
- Intellilink Issues with iPod Classic and Crashing
- Caller ID Photos, 2014 GMC Terrain